Sign in to follow this  
HuntHarder

Storm last night

I'm out of town in the people's republic and my phone was ringing off the hook for work.  Looked this am and power out in lots of places on the Westside of town.  Heard it was a pretty good storm.

It poured with lots of lightning, thunder and a bit of wind. 

Not sure why AZ has above ground lines, figure with all the expense of replacement and inconvenience to customers, the power companies would burry them.  My only guess is job security and to keep people employed.

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

Not sure why AZ has above ground lines, figure with all the expense of replacement and inconvenience to customers, the power companies would burry them.  My only guess is job security and to keep people employed.

Costs mainly..  UG lines are fairly new in the grand scheme of things.  Majority of new construction goes UG.  I get more ug calls than o/h for what it's worth.  Storms affect O/h more, but u/g faults more and stuffs heats up more often due to lack of air around the equipment or conductor. 

Edited by HuntHarder
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Costs mainly..  UG lines are fairly new in the grand scheme if things.  Majority of new construction goes UG.  I get more ug calls than o/h for what it's worth.  Storms affect O/h more, but u/g faults more and stuffs heats up more often due to lack of air around the equipment or conductor. 

Pretty much a no-brainer. Looking back at what technology was available over the last 100 years it all fall's into place.

Lots of hail in southeast Tucson…most I’ve seen and largest (almost golf ball size) in 20+ yrs living here. No noticeable dents in my truck, but not sure I’d notice. LoL

• Like 1

The OP asked about the wrong nights storm… last night was like a hurricane in Peoria.  Lost power for several hours.  I’ll be picking stuff up and cutting broken tree limbs after work today. Don’t even want to look at the pool💩

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Mesa...

64910.gif.4133c6ac06f5a203ae433e20dc01f939.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

The OP asked about the wrong nights storm… last night was like a hurricane in Peoria.  Lost power for several hours.  I’ll be picking stuff up and cutting broken tree limbs after work today. Don’t even want to look at the pool💩

Great.... 

47 minutes ago, Edge said:

Meanwhile in Mesa...

64910.gif.4133c6ac06f5a203ae433e20dc01f939.gif

We had right at an inch of rain in about 90 minutes last night and it was very windy like 30-40mph at least.

I live near mesa drive and brown in mesa.. And We got hammered hard, trees down ,roofs blown off , power lines down , Two apartments lost entire roof plywood rafters and even took block walls with it .. the apartments are completely unlivable.. what a mess..

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Must have been windy.. Found out I lost a tree in front yard and one in back yard.  The one in the back is fairly large.   Damnn