Sign in to follow this  
sidwynder505

4B North limited opportunity Bull hunt!

Wife drew a 4B north limited opportunity Bull tag by accident...well it was my fault punched in the wrong numbers...and nope I didn't buy a point gard....so we made the best of it, ...first time I ever been in that northern part of the unit...looked kinda grim at first!..and with the 2pm thunderstorms moving in every day we were limited to hunt the mornings, and only one evening that was clear we where forced back to Holbrook with a hole in the rear tire. But as luck would have it we found a little pocket that had a group of bachelor Bulls hanging in it tight, with one good 6x6 with the bunch..so we stalked them for a couple of days unit my wife got a clear shot...its real brushy in those little draws...but she finally got a shot on the last day we could hunt!..and she dropped her Bull it wasn't the big Bull!..but like she said it was Big enough !

Congratulations to my wonderful hunting buddy!..my wife!20220801_095625.thumb.jpg.8b048644722b9254fe4f6d94dc12f31c.jpg

20220801_095640.jpg

20220801_095643.jpg

• Like 18

Glad it all worked out.

Must be pretty cool to be hunting elk this time of the year.

Way to go!

4 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

@sidwynder505 Congratulations to your wife. Looks like you guys will be eating well through the winter! Awesome job!

Thanks Yuma, I did draw a 3B archery Bull tag in September...she said "oh yeah you got your Elk tag just fine"!..so her hunt was really important that she have success after blowing 13 bonus points on a limited opportunity hunt!...life wasn't good around here or awhile...but she is happy!...happy wife!!..happy life!

• Like 4

Just now, Chef said:

Glad it all worked out.

Must be pretty cool to be hunting elk this time of the year.

Way to go!

Man it was hot!..but yeah it's a different kind of Elk hunting for sure!...don't know if I'll ever put in for that tag on purpose tho,?..

2 minutes ago, Calamado_Guey said:

13 BP….. you were lucky you even got to go on this trip with her…… 😁

Man Calamado...it was touch and go there for a minute...lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidwynder505 said:

Thanks everyone!...it turned out to be great hunt full of memories...and a full freezer!

Did you run into any other hunters?