Sign in to follow this  
hunter4life

Muzzleloader Coues

I shot my 2nd biggest coues buck this past weekend with my muzzleloader. I went with my brother and we had a pretty tough hunt with warm weather and not much deer activity. We only saw 2 decent bucks during the weekend. We kicked this buck up at about 10 yards and I shot him at about 40 yards. This is my second biggest buck to date.

He is fairly unique with a very narrow fairly tall rack and was always within 1/2 a mile of one particular spot.. He is a buck that I am pretty sure I saw 3 years ago and is the same one I got pictures of 2 years ago when my brother stalked to within 30 yards but couldn't get a shot. My brother saw him again last year and said he had longer tines but wasn't quite as heavy. This year he seemed to regress a bit with shorter tines, but heavier mass measurements. He scored 95" with a 10" inside spread.

Pictures from 2 years ago taken from about 600 yards as my brother stalked in.

post-213-1225418261.jpg

post-213-1225418270.jpg

He was a real big bodied buck.

post-213-1225418299_thumb.jpg

post-213-1225418309_thumb.jpg

post-213-1225418812_thumb.jpg

That is probably one of the neatest bucks I have ever seen! Awesome job on a great buck with the ol' smokepole!

That's the coolest looking Coues I've seen up here this year. Congrats on a nice, unique buck. Tons of character.

That buck is something else. All I can say is NICE. One of a kind right there. Congrats. :)

TJ