I have an old MK85 Knight and a newer ultra-lite mountain rifle that Knight makes and both are great guns. The bolt is really short on the ultra-lite and doesn't seem any longer than the MK85 action. It is basically just a fancier looking mechanism that gives the option to swap out different bolts and breech plugs to make it legal in various states with different regs. Mine has been flawless on firing reliability and they are great to point and shoot, but I like that they feel a lot like a standard bolt action rifle that I am accustomed to. 

• Like 1

I have owned Knight, Remington and my current gun is an older Optima. The Optima is the easiest of the 3 to maintain and the most accurate. The one thing in don’t like is the trigger guard. With heavy loads it beats up my hands.

Recently discovered the Woodman Arms Patriot. That one is in the mix now. Anybody on here have one of those?

We all can agree to disagree, but allowing scoped guns for ML season I believe departs from the intent of what the ML season is all about. Some of the modern ML guns do as well, in my opinion. That said, as long as hunters are abiding to the rules and regulations of the hunt, I am fine with that.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2022 at 8:32 AM, Firewater Forge said:

We all can agree to disagree, but allowing scoped guns for ML season I believe departs from the intent of what the ML season is all about. Some of the modern ML guns do as well, in my opinion. That said, as long as hunters are abiding to the rules and regulations of the hunt, I am fine with that.

While we're at it let's ban compound bows and cheaty pin sights too. Probably shouldn't allow mechanical broadheads either. Slippery slope when you start letting them take things away from us, where will they stop?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dsotm said:

While we're at it let's ban compound bows and cheaty pin sights too. Probably shouldn't allow mechanical broadheads either. Slippery slope when you start letting them take things away from us, where will they stop?

I’m on the opposite side of your thinking. When will they stop with the entitlement. Everyone has a crossbow permit now, you can use airbow rifle things even on those hunts now. guys use ar15 on handgun hunts. And yes muzzleloader are shooting farther and more accurately than guys were with their 30-06 in 1995 were. We already slipped off that slope. Im sure he was trolling but I saw a guy talking g about wanting champ tags during the deer rut lmao. Time to reign it in 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m on the opposite side of your thinking. When will they stop with the entitlement. Everyone has a crossbow permit now, you can use airbow rifle things even on those hunts now. guys use ar15 on handgun hunts. And yes muzzleloader are shooting farther and more accurately than guys were with their 30-06 in 1995 were. We already slipped off that slope. Im sure he was trolling but I saw a guy talking g about wanting champ tags during the deer rut lmao. Time to reign it in 

Slippery slope argument is so tiresome...  Cellular trail cams, arrows with trackers in them, bows that are shot with air @over 450' a second, Mler's using smokeless powder, drones, night vision, thermal vision, the list goes on.  So much new tech that was either regulated or needs to be.  Crazy that some guys can not see a need for some type of regulation as Technology continues advancing forward.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dsotm said:

I understand what you are saying and it can be a slippery slope. However, I was only speaking for myself and my opinion. But consider this: why have rules at all? Start making rules on how it can be done and who knows where it will end? 

15 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Slippery slope argument is so tiresome...  Cellular trail cams, arrows with trackers in them, bows that are shot with air @over 450' a second, Mler's using smokeless powder, drones, night vision, thermal vision, the list goes on.  So much new tech that was either regulated or needs to be.  Crazy that some guys can not see a need for some type of regulation as Technology continues advancing forward.  

Full disclosure, the following comment is meant to be satire. For those who could be triggered, viewer discretion is advised:

How about having arrows with seeker heads on them. The broadhead blades can move to make course corrections in flight like a sidewinder AIM-9?

2 hours ago, Firewater Forge said:

Full disclosure, the following comment is meant to be satire. For those who could be triggered, viewer discretion is advised:

How about having arrows with seeker heads on them. The broadhead blades can move to make course corrections in flight like a sidewinder AIM-9?

But can they be fired from a drone?

If it's legal I could give a rip. The only thing I really want is a draw on the late rut hunts. This quota system may not seem so bad this year but wait until we get a year when it hasn't rained in months.

• Like 1

This thread definitely got derailed.

If TC hadn't shut down I probably would have gone that route. I can still find a TC Pro Hunter FX but with no factory support and now no parts availability, no way.

I decided not to wait more than half a year for the Woodman or pay more than triple the cost of this one for a Knight. This CVA Optima V2 LR looks and feels great. Can't wait to shoot it!

20230116_133056.jpg

• Like 2