Sign in to follow this  
218buck

CCW

I was wondering if anybody knows of an instructor that could come to my house I have about six friends that are wanting to get their permits I live in Rio Verde thanks

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, muleybowhunter said:

Do any of them have their hunter safety certificate? If so might be easier to fill the forms out and mail them in.

How does that help with a CCW? Curious.

It counts as your Firearms class. The state recognizes it. Me and my wife got our by sending in a copy of the certificate along with the forms and a check.

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

• Like 3

Great info, hopefully save a bunch of guys from doing another firearms class.  Can someone remind me of the benefits of having a concealed weapons permit in this state?  IIRC it was ability to carry in national parks, bars ( so long as you are not drinking) and bypassing the call in to NICS?

• Like 1

Mainly the call ... plus some FFL's give you a discount if you have it because they don't have to call. So if you save 10 bucks on every transfer it pays for itself over that 5 year period. If they are still good for 5 years.

The first time I took a CCW class it was basically to get a card to carry legally. This was before Az was a constitutional carry state. The second was a little bit more of an eye opener. If you get into a defense situation at your house, someone is going to have to call the cops. What are they going to say? Two guys just broke into our home and my husband killed them! or Two armed guys just broke into our house and my husband was in fear of our lives and defended us. The tape will be rolling when you call.

43 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

The first time I took a CCW class it was basically to get a card to carry legally. This was before Az was a constitutional carry state. The second was a little bit more of an eye opener. If you get into a defense situation at your house, someone is going to have to call the cops. What are they going to say? Two guys just broke into our home and my husband killed them! or Two armed guys just broke into our house and my husband was in fear of our lives and defended us. The tape will be rolling when you call.

It's crazy you have to think like that. I had a college professor say the first call you should make after killing someone is a lawyer and he probably wasn't wrong. That's good advice right there.

18 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

It's crazy you have to think like that. I had a college professor say the first call you should make after killing someone is a lawyer and he probably wasn't wrong. That's good advice right there.

It's not so cut and dry, especially after killing a person. The class should really be 16 hours of law and then a pistol compentency test. I've been through the class twice and between idiots giving the course and morons taking it both were a real chit show with misinformation by the instructors and students thinking they can shoot people for the most ridiculous reasons under some absurd scenarios.

1 hour ago, 10Turkeys said:

...If you get into a defense situation at your house, someone is going to have to call the cops. What are they going to say? Two guys just broke into our home and my husband killed them! or Two armed guys just broke into our house and my husband was in fear of our lives and defended us. The tape will be rolling when you call.

These fine folks address this on their most excellent channel.  Link HERE.

Eddie

On 10/16/2022 at 8:38 AM, HuntHarder said:

Great info, hopefully save a bunch of guys from doing another firearms class.  Can someone remind me of the benefits of having a concealed weapons permit in this state?  IIRC it was ability to carry in national parks, bars ( so long as you are not drinking) and bypassing the call in to NICS?

What you have stated, person to person sale is easier with it.  Various banquets make getting your winnings easier/faster having the card.  paper is easier along with stated discounts too. If pulled over the 5-0 feel more comfortable with a card carrying member instead of non.  Believe can be used as secondary ID?

Biggest benefit, chicks dig it!

8 minutes ago, n2horns said:

If pulled over the 5-0 feel more comfortable with a card carrying member instead of non.  Believe can be used as secondary ID?

I don't believe that info is available to an LEO at any level. I'm not sure about the ID but it is doubtful as it isn't shown as an acceptable form of ID that I have seen.