Sign in to follow this  
bigbuckclub

AZ Strip trail cam ban impact..?. and other thoughts?

15 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I wouldn't worry about camp as much but I'd have cams nearby watching traffic near your truck. Especially if you find a big one. I would just be overly cautious. Not trying crap in your Cheerios but if you find a real big buck you never know what someone might do to impede your success.

Can you elaborate on this, I am honestly curious. People out there slashing tires these days?

Real easy: Keep your mouth shut about what you are seeing.....Bitch about how little you are seeing and how frustrated you are.

I have seen everybit of the stuff mentioned above, albeit not on the strip, other places. I even had the single bull tule elk tag in the unit (CA)and discussed my plans with a couple guys with cow tags who appeared to be cool at the time. They did everything they could to screw my hunt, including driving their truck through the pasture I was hunting at night honking their horns and speeding around where the elk had been in the evenings prior to the hunt. (I watched this from 1/2 mile away on a hill while glassing).....people get crazy with this stuff.

Best of luck! Enjoy!

8 hours ago, eastvalleyjerry said:

Can you elaborate on this, I am honestly curious. People out there slashing tires these days?

I have heard stories of people believing that their flats were not just flats on the kaibab and strip. Maybe they are just stories but when I finally draw my archery tag up there I will have cams near my truck. Also heard of antis leaving nails on roads.

8 hours ago, eastvalleyjerry said:

That happened this year on the raffle elk tag. 

I thought everyone answered hadn't seen a thing and hunting sucks when folks are obviously prying for info. And if they keep at it, I'll start outright lying.  

• Like 1

Dudes out there cutting up tires and feeding animals they hunting and im out here thinking about shooting a spike on day 2. Mfers need to get lives no body thinks killing big sh1t is even cool

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

Dudes out there cutting up tires and feeding animals they hunting and im out here thinking about shooting a spike on day 2. Mfers need to get lives no body thinks killing big sh1t is even cool

I mean, I don’t go out looking for the smallest buck I can find. I think shooting a big buck is pretty cool.  But what I consider a “big buck” would probably be passed up by trophy hunters also so 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I can’t help that you say stuff that doesn’t make sense sometimes

Maybe over your head. Im not calling you a nobody. I just don’t know who you are. If that makes sense.

18 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I mean, I don’t go out looking for the smallest buck I can find. I think shooting a big buck is pretty cool.  But what I consider a “big buck” would probably be passed up by trophy hunters also so 🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s kind of my take. I am more impressed by the stuff that empty’s out of my robot vacuum cleaner tray than a quote unquote “trophy animal” pic with a gigantic guide/outfitter watermark.

17 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Maybe over your head. Im not calling you a nobody. I just don’t know who you are. If that makes sense.

No, it doesn’t make sense. I’ve never met you in my life. Idk why you said nobody cares. Plenty do. 

On 10/20/2022 at 11:47 AM, trphyhntr said:

No, it doesn’t make sense. I’ve never met you in my life. I can tell you more people care about seeing a big strip buck than your spike. 

Case and point. 😂