Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Lighted Nocks

For those of you who shoot lighted nocks, is there a preference you have found that you like one brand over the other? Is there a noticeable drop at longer distance (50+ yards)? I am thinking on switching to a lighted nock for hunting this season but was just curious what some you have experienced with them. Thanks for any input. 

They are heavier so will drop more. Total percentage of arrow weight changed will affect how much more drop. Also changes tune on bow. Will give you more momentum at the rear of the arrow vs the front. If front of arrow is not heavy enough you can have issues. Check FOC and make sure it doesn't get too low. Try to find a brand that doesn't bump on in quiver. Have seen people fighting this. They make spotting hits way easier though. Also can find arrows super fast. I really like them for javelina and elk. Not so much for coues or mule deer. They spook so easy and worry about them seeing the light and moving more during the shot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 6AYoteHunter said:

They are heavier so will drop more. Total percentage of arrow weight changed will affect how much more drop. Also changes tune on bow. Will give you more momentum at the rear of the arrow vs the front. If front of arrow is not heavy enough you can have issues. Check FOC and make sure it doesn't get too low. Try to find a brand that doesn't bump on in quiver. Have seen people fighting this. They make spotting hits way easier though. Also can find arrows super fast. I really like them for javelina and elk. Not so much for coues or mule deer. They spook so easy and worry about them seeing the light and moving more during the shot. 

Thank you for the information. I think I will get some to target practice with and see. I have watched a lot of videos and they sure look cool. I read some posts on other websites after I made the post on here and it sounds like some people love them and some people hate them...that's the same with everything though. 

13 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I don't believe I had to move my sights at all when I put them on. But they are fantastic and I highly recommend them. 

I am going to shoot arrows with regular nocks and some with lighted nocks and see what sort of difference I see for my bow. Hopefully it is nothing crazy. 

10 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I am going to shoot arrows with regular nocks and some with lighted nocks and see what sort of difference I see for my bow. Hopefully it is nothing crazy. 

Like I said I don't believe that I ever adjusted my sights. I did make sure to put light and knocks on all of my practice arrows and shot them that way all summer.

• Like 1

Also never moved any sights. I have shot the same Nokturnals and added weight was negligible. I've kept any from kills or that have gone dead for practice arrows marked with a black sharpie. I can't imagine a reason not to use them. I like red.

• Like 2

I love lighted nocks, I've found a lot of arrows that I probably would not have otherwise.  Eastons are what I had last.

• Like 1

I bought the Deepower nock after watching a lusk archery review.

They added 24 grains to the arrow (they are 32 and my existing nock was 8).

I just googled the review and it looks like they updated to nock to prevent it coming on when you nock the arrow without chaing the weight.

Battery lasts a while, and the dead ones I use when practicing so I have the right weight without burning the good ones up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewlyMinted said:

I bought the Deepower nock after watching a lusk archery review.

They added 24 grains to the arrow (they are 32 and my existing nock was 8).

I just googled the review and it looks like they updated to nock to prevent it coming on when you nock the arrow without chaing the weight.

Battery lasts a while, and the dead ones I use when practicing so I have the right weight without burning the good ones up.

I will check those out! 

Light can be Reset.   At  60yrds plus I noticed a difference with the extra 18 grains.   But it’s as simple as a quick resight in.  Just makes you practice a little more.   

• Like 2

Got the nocks in and finally had a chance to shoot them and they work as advertised. I did not see any drop in my arrows out to 70 yards. They flew the same as my other nocks. Pretty happy with these lighted nocks. Have some friends that bought some so will see how they like them. 

• Like 2