Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

The Little Things

After the talk of best spotter, bino, rifle, etc., what are the little things that make your day out in the field more enjoyable?

One item that have been attached to my binocular eyepieces over the years has been the Field Optics Research EyeShield.  It cuts out the light from the side and makes glassing more enjoyable/less straining.  They are very flexible and fit in a bino harness well.

https://www.amazon.com/Field-Optics-Research-Standard-EyeShield/dp/B00A45ILC0/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SI9JB5931KJI&keywords=Field+Optics+Research+Standard+Size+EyeShield&qid=1671029591&sprefix=field+optics+research+standard+size+eyeshield%2Caps%2C531&sr=8-1

A good pair of leather gloves. Helps to prevent cuts and nicks that get really sore. Acts as a second skin. Keeps hands from drying out so badly. I probably have them on for 80% of the hunt.

A small glassing chair helps to stay on the glasses for long periods. Also bring a small black towel to block the sun.

Cough drops when I hit higher elevations hike they seem to help open my airways and make it easier to breathe while hiking 

• Like 1