Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Colorado Regulations and Rules

Anybody versed in Colorado hunting rules and regs?

If I got cited for law infractions in Colorado......those don't carry over to AZ do they? 

Like I know they have a 20 point "limit" for lack of better terms, if I hit 20 points I get my hunting license revoked for 5 years. But that doesn't have anything to do with AZ right? 

I know poaching is another thing where other states have banded together in support of each other.

Does AZ have a point system like this?

The only thing that would carry over is if you got your license revoked.    Having a license taken away in Colorado would result in losing your privileges in like 48 other states and providences. 

Kind of a curious question. CPW was very thorough the few times I ran into them, kind of annoying actually. But I was glad I had all my ducks in a row.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Northern Pintail said:

The only thing that would carry over is if you got your license revoked.    Having a license taken away in Colorado would result in losing your privileges in like 48 other states and providences. 

I believe this will s correct.  Is license is suspended in CO then I believe it’s suspended in all others states that I that law.

6 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Anybody versed in Colorado hunting rules and regs?

If I got cited for law infractions in Colorado......those don't carry over to AZ do they? 

Like I know they have a 20 point "limit" for lack of better terms, if I hit 20 points I get my hunting license revoked for 5 years. But that doesn't have anything to do with AZ right? 

I know poaching is another thing where other states have banded together in support of each other.

Does AZ have a point system like this?

Sooo . ..  whatcha do?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Coues247 said:

Sooo . ..  whatcha do?

Asking for a friend?

I had a buddy that crossed private when packing his elk out in Colorado and was cited he was unable to apply here for 5 years

First and foremost, always important to know exactly what the law means, collection, possession, posted, not posted, the "act" of shed hunting, negative impact on wildlife.......

"stashing" antlers is the same as shed hunting, but not categorized as "collection" or "possession"!

You can ride snow mobiles, hike trails, coyote hunt, ride bikes, hike..........but if you touch one of those antlers before May 1............bingo you are illegally hunting sheds.

It is OK for CPW to go plant antlers with tracking devices imbedded but that is not harassing wildlife :) 

Was sited for shed hunting, crossing into private land while shed hunting, harassing wildlife..................15 points and $450 fine and told because of how honest was given a break.

So if you can benefit from some frustration then there you go! Should have known the law better...............or at least had a better understanding..............

IMG_0526.thumb.JPEG.60de5af3b24c897fd3281874fb95d3d9.JPEG

Not knocking you but didnt you know shed hunting was closed? Seems like all northern states are closed up right now but that sucks. So if you had one more shed they could have hit you with another 5 points and taken your license for 5 years? I'd avoid Colorado for a while because just one more infraction even a small one could end your hunting for 5 years.