Was looking at it and the 6.5 prc.  Seems like a lot of manufacturers are making them now and my guess is it will become popular.  Only downside is lack of factory ammo, but that will change probably pretty quickly.  I'm thinking I want one in Savage ultralight.

Picked up a Christensen Ridgeline FFT a few months ago. Shooting factory ammo (Hornaday Match 180 ELD-M) and have been very pleased with it.  Through the chrono I’m getting 2860 fps and have been getting 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups at 100 and 200. Have only shot at rocks at longer distances so far but hitting what I’m aiming at out to 700. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Was looking at it and the 6.5 prc.  Seems like a lot of manufacturers are making them now and my guess is it will become popular.  Only downside is lack of factory ammo, but that will change probably pretty quickly.  I'm thinking I want one in Savage ultralight.

I/my son have the Savage UL in 280ai and 6.5prc and both shoot amazing. Buddy has the 28nos and lights out.  I can't believe you would be disappointed. 
Trying to justify the 7pcr as well - have to fit it in somewhere... 

18 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Pretty much all big box stores and a good amount of smaller shops have good inventory already from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, azcouesandelk said:

Picked up a Christensen Ridgeline FFT a few months ago. Shooting factory ammo (Hornaday Match 180 ELD-M) and have been very pleased with it.  Through the chrono I’m getting 2860 fps and have been getting 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups at 100 and 200. Have only shot at rocks at longer distances so far but hitting what I’m aiming at out to 700. 

Thats the exact gun I was looking at.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 1:56 PM, azcouesandelk said:

That’s a lot slower than I would have expected!!  If a guys gonna run a long action you could just as well have a 28 Nosler and get 400 fps more out of the same exact gun.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

That’s a lot slower than I would have expected!!  If a guys gonna run a long action you could just as well have a 28 Nosler and get 400 fps more out of the same exact gun.  

Probably not quite 400, but 300+ is absolutely possible.

I'm running the 180 Hybrod at 3200, and on the 3rd round with the brass. Zero issues.

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I'm running the 180 Hybrod at 3200, and on the 3rd round with the brass. Zero issues.

I’m getting 3175 out of 195’s with a 28.  Can’t imagine you couldn’t get well into 3200’s with 180’s.  

58 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

22" Barrel. Like putting bicycle tires on a GT40.

https://christensenarms.com/ridgeline-fft/

Should be a law that 22” barrels need to go on short or medium actions.  I’m getting 2900 out of 195’s with a 22” 7mm Sherman Max.  Just don’t see how a long action cartridge with a lighter bullet is doing 50fps less. 

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

I’m getting 3175 out of 195’s with a 28.  Can’t imagine you couldn’t get well into 3200’s with 180’s.  

I'm getting 3202 MV with H1000. Maybe a little more juice to squeeze, but I wouldn't worry about it.

16 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Should be a law that 22” barrels need to go on short or medium actions.  I’m getting 2900 out of 195’s with a 22” 7mm Sherman Max.  Just don’t see how a long action cartridge with a lighter bullet is doing 50fps less. 

That’s not sammi pressures like he is limited to with factory ammo. I’m sure you gotta be stomping it pretty hard to get 2900 out of a 22” barrel.

On 6/16/2023 at 4:03 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

Mine 28 is shooting a 162's at 3330. Its a tack driver but assuming the proof wont last past 400 rounds.