Sign in to follow this  
knothead

2023 Mormon Lake Bowhunter Happening 3D shoot?

Anyone know if this ABA 3D shoot is going to happen this year?  Their website is not updated.  I have heard the private land where shoot was held has been sold to some investors. 

12 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Think it was last weekend. 

Last weekend's shoot was put on by a private for-profit club.  The July Bowhunter Happening is put on by the not-for-profit Arizona Bowhunters Association.  Historically, this was one of the best shoots in the western USA.  The ABA also advocates for bowhunters.  Or at least they use to.  Don't hear much from them anymore.

2 minutes ago, azcouesandelk said:

Wrong year

I’ll be in the corner chewing on my foot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, knothead said:

Last weekend's shoot was put on by a private for-profit club.  The July Bowhunter Happening is put on by the not-for-profit Arizona Bowhunters Association.  Historically, this was one of the best shoots in the western USA.  The ABA also advocates for bowhunters.  Or at least they use to.  Don't hear much from them anymore.

If you have the answers, why are you asking?

What answers do I have?    My question is for the July ABA Bowhunter Happening shoot.  3 1/2 weeks away and their website has old information.  Is there or is there not going to be a shoot?   That is my question for which I do not have an answer.

Corner archery website has a great calendar that shows a bunch of shoots. Did not see anything for the bow hunter happening, but there are a couple other ones that should be pretty good. 

If you are an archer, this is not a good sign for the future of bowhunting in AZ.  Pretty sad, really.

57 minutes ago, knothead said:

If you are an archer, this is not a good sign for the future of bowhunting in AZ.  Pretty sad, really.

Do you think bow hunters are declining in AZ?  Lol 

• Like 2

We stopped by there a few weeks ago riding back to happy jack. Ate at the lodge. Big mistake. Our waitress was working our table and at the place across the street. The bar tenders were overwhelmed by the 5 people at the bar. They were all nice, but you could tell they were over worked and way under staffed. Took over an hour for food. Nobody came back to our table after we ordered. 

Since they sold, it's gone downhill. The RV spots were empty. Over $1000 a month and you can't stay longer then a month. Sad to see what happened there. 

7 hours ago, ctafoya said:

We stopped by there a few weeks ago riding back to happy jack. Ate at the lodge. Big mistake. Our waitress was working our table and at the place across the street. The bar tenders were overwhelmed by the 5 people at the bar. They were all nice, but you could tell they were over worked and way under staffed. Took over an hour for food. Nobody came back to our table after we ordered. 

Since they sold, it's gone downhill. The RV spots were empty. Over $1000 a month and you can't stay longer then a month. Sad to see what happened there. 

i'm in the restaurant bussiness and if they were understuff i can understand, we have a tough time finding people to work and we are in scottsdale, i can't imagine in place like happy jack how difficult would be also the wages skyrocket because you can't find people to work, a friend of ours owns the bar/restaurant at bartlett and they have a really hard time to find people because is a 45 to 1 hour drive from town.

• Like 1