Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Camping etiquette ( what's wrong with people ? )

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Man people suck. It's not camping etiquette though.  It's just people everywhere in any situation.  Everyone these days have a sense of entitlement.  Common sense is now officially uncommon.  Been a biz owner for over 20 years and I have TONS of stories.  Here's just 3..

1. I hire a carpet guy to do install on a double wide that came off a dealers lot.  No water or waste lines hooked up.  Dude takes a steamer in the John and apparently had no tp.  Literally used a bath towel hanging in the bathroom from when the house was staged on the dealers lot.  Wipes his a$$ with it and leaves it sit in the sink.  Flushes it down with a bucket and when the guys come to hook up the sewer line he's in the zone, and not the good zone.  He totally denied it was him..

2. Had the morenci and Clifton manufactured home subdivisions drywall, flooring and cleaning contract. Literally the end of the job like it's Thursday going home Friday.  Made a couple jars of xxx for my bosses that hired me as a thank you.  Went to the truck to grab a shop vac and noticed all 3 jars had varying differences in fill height.  I'm a Virgo, everyone was precise when I filled them.  I went to dude and was like wtf?  I shoot you not his answer was "well I'm an alcoholic brother".  Then he bails and I'm stuck over the weekend and miss my wife's birthday. Then I'm stuck in my trailer on his dad's property sleeping with my 40 cal because I'm worried he's gonna start shooting up my trailer cuz he was constantly making comments about how his dad just thought I was the best but he was a constant disappointment.  

3.  Hired another carpet guy for a job (another double wide).  Dude trims all the carpet by hand and not with a wall trimmer.  The floor trim in the house is basically MDF with a white paper film on the outside.  Literally something like 350 linear feet of razor knifed floor trim and sprinkles blood throughout the house from where he had cut himself.  

Yup, I got even more...

I wanna hear more about this clifton/morenci guy. Growing up there, we all like gossip but none of us like each other. Unless we’re “cousins” or best friends. And I have a number of best friends there. None that would be in your story tho. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I wanna hear more about this clifton/morenci guy. Growing up there, we all like gossip but none of us like each other. Unless we’re “cousins” or best friends. And I have a number of best friends there. None that would be in your story tho. 

He was actually from Stafford.  He was staying with his woman in the RV park I was staying at right down from 3way.  Happens to share your first name.

• Like 1

On a weekend like 4th of July with limited space if a dude came in and camped i could hardly blame him. I would just find the Tio with the bag and make friends. It’s not like it’s elk camp. It’s 4th of July. 

• Like 1

There were lots of open spaces up and down the control  road  . So not sure what the deal was . The reason  the wife wanted  out of the house was because  she absolutely  has a hard time  with  the 4th as it's  the day her mom passed.  So I'd rather  take her wherever  she wants  than have her sit at home  and sulk.  I don't  know  if you guys remember  when there was camping  along the crossings thru whispering pines before  they cleaned  it up and made rest stops . We would  roll  thru and see  signs for little  mexico  and flags everywhere.  The trash all along the road would  just piss me off . When the stopped  the groups from  camping  there  I had told  the wife they will just move down the road and they did . My main reason  for  not camping  in Payson  . Don't  like all the noise  and the trash being  left behind.  Seems  like it's just much better  the higher  up the hill you go . 

12 hours ago, PRDATR said:

So what? Tejano? Would you all prefer skinheads playing Marilyn Manson or, some good old boyz blasting Colt Ford? It's all par for the course anyway since it runs the gambit. I think everyone has a story to tell about being encroached on. 

Yes, the good old boyz blasting Colt Ford are the good dudes.

14 hours ago, Hunting Fool said:

Its always the beans that cause the issues.  Trash, circus music all night, and always think they are the tough guys.  

I take it that your white lol 😂 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hunting Fool said:

Its always the beans that cause the issues.  Trash, circus music all night, and always think they are the tough guys.  

In every race there a few bad apple...  Your comment is just racist and ignorant.. Your display name fits you perfect. You are fool !

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I did some scouting for the youth elk hunt, drove the the control road and went through the crossings. I was blown away by how many folks were there, and all their super fancy cars.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

I did some scouting for the youth elk hunt, drove the the control road and went through the crossings. I was blown away by how many folks were there, and all their super fancy cars.

This year?, cause I owe you some info!

On 7/5/2023 at 5:54 PM, Hoss50 said:

We had it happen once years ago when it was just me and my wife with 2 dogs. We were way back in a good area and were by ourselves. There are dozens of camp site along this road for the next 2 miles, all empty. It was after dark and we are at the camp fire. Out of nowhere a guy pulls in in his mini truck with a shell camper and just stops with us dead in the headlights around the fire. He then jumps out and says something then pulls past us 30 yards, parks his truck and jumps in the back. He was an old er squirrely lookong dude. He is just outside of the firelight, so he can see us, but we can't see him. SUPER CREEPY. Like serial killer creepy.

The dogs were not happy and neither were we. We packed camp very hastily and decide to just go home. We are working our way back to the highway, but we were 10 miles or more back in the Bradshaws. We had to go slow because we needed to stop near the highway to repack the stuff we just threw in the truck so we could get TF out of camp. A couple miles later, behind us we see headlights and we can't stay ahead of them, they are to fast. As they get closer I pulled off the side so they have room to pass, and I roll down my window. My wife was like WTF are doing rolling down the window? I said if I have to shoot someone a face full of my own window glass wasn't my first choice. 

Thankfully it was someone completely different. We haven't camped in that area since though...

Whoa, that's really freaky, because I have a very similar story way back in there too.

And I also drove a mini truck with a shell camper years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, zackcarp said:

Yep the crossing  were loaded full . The wife did get some pictures  of some  cow elk early  in the weekend  before  it got to crazy.  You'd think  there would  have been  more camping  but it was real open.