Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

a BIG thanks to our very own Snapshot!!

A few months ago, I asked Brent if he would want to do a little side project for me.. He graciously took on the work andf yesterday, I was finally able to see the end result.. He did a FANTASTIC job with the base I commisioned him to build for my personal zebra pedestal.. He made it EXACTLY like I had envisioned in my head.. 100% cherry wood. Recessed slots to allow me to show off the back hide in the base itself. It came out great!!

I am so happy with the end result with this mount and with Brent's hard work, I just wanted to show all of you guys the mount and to give Brent a big ol thank you!!

Thanks buddy!! I'll be using your great work again for sure!!

There are some great folks off of this site.

DSC02934.jpg

DSC02935.jpg

DSC02936.jpg

Thanks guys! It came out as well as could be.. the skinners over in Africa really did a number on the skin, and I almost didnt mount it. I've mounted ALOT of zebras previously, and this one was by far in the worst shape.. And it just happened to be mine! :( When I got the cape back from the tannery earlier this yr, I was sick when I pulled this zebra out and got a look at him..I was so mad in fact that I called the outfit I had hunted with and let him know what I thought of his sub-par skinner's work on my trophy.. I was refunded the full amount on the zebra trophy fee. And rightly so.. I seriously didnt think it was going to be mountable, but I decided to give it a try, and I think I got it together as well as I could.. I have over 8 hrs just in sewing on this thing!! :blink:

But the base came out flawlessly!! Thanks again Brent! And it balances just fine without a counter weight shelf!! When you get up to this side of town, stop on by and check it out!!

I'm finally caught up on my own stuff!!!

Scottyboy, As others have said that is one of the nicest Zebra mounts I have seen. Great work by Brent as well.

Guys, pictures dont do the Zebra justice! First of all, it is a neat animal to look at anyways, but the mount is awesome!

That is why Scott has two capes for me, and one for my dad!