Sign in to follow this  
wildcat

little muley

My friend and I were excited for the archery season to role around and I planned on doing a lot of hunting to get my first archery deer. On monday morning he took me to one of his spots but I wasn't expecting much to happen because I could only hunt till around 9 o'clock due to a final I had at 11. As I was closing a gate he hopped out of the truck and said he see's a buck and asked me if I wanted to shoot a fork horn. I said yes without thinking twice because I really wanted to get a deer with a bow. The buck was just walking along a fence line and we were able to sneak in really close to him. I stepped around a tree and he was standing there broadside at 20 yards. As I was about to draw back, he turned towards us, but after a minute he looked away and I was able to draw back and steadied the top pin behind his shoulder and released the arrow. It was great shot and we were able to watch him go down very quickly. Aftere some celebrating we then took some pictures and went to work on it. It's not the biggest deer but I am more than happy with it. After that short and memorable morning, I was off to the U in time to take my botony final. I definitely owe my friend for getting me my first archery deer and for skinning it for me while I was at school.

archerydeer001.jpg

archerydeer005.jpg

Great Job, I would love to wrap my tag around that (another one) deer this weekend!!

Redman