Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

Best Ballistic App (not named Strelok)?

Since our wonderful “free market” government shut down the Strelok Pro app (because the dev was Russian), I have to find a new ballistics app to use….  What is the next best one?  

Not sure if it's just a Verizon thing, but I recently got a new phone and used Verizon's "cloud transfer" app to move everything from the old phone to the new one and much to my surprise it transferred Strelok over with all my saved ballistic info. I'm assuming that there will be no updates for the app going forward, but for now it's working. 

I use the Hornady app.  Has worked well so far.  Pretty user friendly.

27 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Edit: shooter app has worked well for me over the years 

Same.  A friend convinced me its worth the $10 and I've loved it ever since I got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, galiuro mountain man said:

If you haven't gotten a new phone, erased it for some reason, it will still work.  If you had it already.

that’s exactly what happened. I had it and used it for years and upgraded my phone last month. Tried to use it this morning and it’s locked. All my saved data was in there. I’m pissed. 

I was a strelok user also. Been playing with the Hornady app and 4dof calculator. Seems pretty good.