Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Supressor aproved

i know there was a thread about how long does it take to get aprove i just got the notice on friday that the atf aprove my permit, is funny because on wednesday i call the atf to have an estimate and the lady she couldn't give on ebut takes about 9 months, i put my application and paperwork on december 6th and was aproved last friday so about 8 months, i thought was going to be around end of september.

now i have to wait a week before they ship.

• Like 3

That is about average I think. I put one in jail in late November and got it in June which is a little faster than the average from what I see. 

My first  two right when e- file was open were 8 months  . I've currently  got one in jail going  on two months  and another  being  transferred  to a competent  ffl so I can use my existing silencerco  profile  and there  kiosk  . The kid at the shop the suppressor  was sent to thought  I could  just pick it up and bring  it to the other shop. It took two trips to there  store and some harsh words to get them to do the form 3 transfer  . I didn't  get much choice  on where silencerco  was sending  my other can as it was the free one from  the buy one  get one and there were only 3 locations  to pick from.  Az guns might sell guns but they definitely  don't  need to do anything  with  class 3 or nfa stuff .

I have one waiting from September, and one from April. Glad the DOJ mandated the ATF get them done in 90 days.....

• Like 1

I went to East Valley Tactical and the process was very easy.  I am expecting eight months but he said they have had some come back sooner.  Went all in and bought three, should be a nice change for the hunting rifle and shotgun.

• Like 1

I just had another one approved last week from 4/14/23. 6 months basically. 

1 more in jail still. 

• Like 2

Any updates recommendations on where to get this work done at? Is there a 1-stop shop that takes care of everything?

26 minutes ago, Mog said:

Any updates recommendations on where to get this work done at? Is there a 1-stop shop that takes care of everything?

I use Healy's in Tempe. They have been very good to work with. They have a silencer shop kiosk, so it is really easy after the initial setup in the kiosk. Initial setup tool about 30 min. After you are in the system it is easy, and you are also then able to use any shop who has a kiosk with ease. 

42 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

I use Healy's in Tempe. They have been very good to work with. They have a silencer shop kiosk, so it is really easy after the initial setup in the kiosk. Initial setup tool about 30 min. After you are in the system it is easy, and you are also then able to use any shop who has a kiosk with ease. 

👆 This, they have a great staff.

• Like 1