Sign in to follow this  
JSR

New National Monument in Arizona

"Recognizing the critical role that sportsmen and sportswomen have played, and continue to play, in wildlife restoration and conservation in the area, the proclamation requires that a monument advisory committee include representation from both the sportsmen and sportswomen community, as well as representation from the Arizona Game and Fish Department. It also directs the monument advisory committee to include representation from the ranching community. The proclamation respects existing livestock grazing permits on lands within the monument.

The national monument designation recognizes and respects valid existing rights."

They make it sound good.

• Like 1

Just now, GJMauro12 said:

Anyone have specifics on if it does or does not restrict access for hunters? 

It does not....for now

Don't surprised if lead ammo is banned for this area though. I'm not sure yet. 

Looks like it encompasses most of units 9 and 12AE and parts of the AZ Strip. Map I saw was hard to tell for sure.

Non lead ammo requirement will be here in a year or two. Plus whatever else they come up with. Non-metal broadheads. Wood arrows. Can only use sticks and stones found naturally, but then you can't use what's found naturally up there because it will be theft from the monument.........That's the kind of stuff this administration comes up with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

"Recognizing the critical role that sportsmen and sportswomen have played, and continue to play, in wildlife restoration and conservation in the area, the proclamation requires that a monument advisory committee include representation from both the sportsmen and sportswomen community, as well as representation from the Arizona Game and Fish Department. It also directs the monument advisory committee to include representation from the ranching community. The proclamation respects existing livestock grazing permits on lands within the monument.

The national monument designation recognizes and respects valid existing rights."

They make it sound good.

They always have a way of making things sound good up front. It’s what comes later that scares me. 

• Like 1

This is the only map I’ve seen. Everything I’ve read about it says acreages and borders have not been officially determined yet so I guess this is just the supposed areas. 

EA0BA70C-66CA-4711-A72B-F2484F5846AB.jpeg

2 hours ago, HighschoolHunter said:

This is the only map I’ve seen. Everything I’ve read about it says acreages and borders have not been officially determined yet so I guess this is just the supposed areas. 

EA0BA70C-66CA-4711-A72B-F2484F5846AB.jpeg

HSH, 

Do you have a link for that map?

• Sad 1