10Turkeys

Shotgun Shells

If anyone is looking for some shotgun shells for the upcoming Dove season. Rio Salado has a flat for 90.00. That's 10 boxes, 12 ga only, and Members only price. It's Fiocchi and I think they have it in 7 1/2 and 8 size shot. If your not a member have a buddy that is pick you up some. Sale starts Sun-Tues. No tax 90.00 bucks flat. Limit 2 flats.

Screenshot_20230819-072831~2.png

Yeah it's crazy how much they went up in price. I bought 5 cases a few years ago when Walmart had them on clearance  for $2 a box.

Just now, My Rights As An American said:

Wish I would have seen that deal! Never again in our lifetimes!

Tell me about it. Shells were $2.99 a box for decades when I moved here from Maine in the mid 70's. Anyone remember Active all plastic shells?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Tell me about it. Shells were $2.99 a box for decades when I moved here from Maine in the mid 70's. Anyone remember Active all plastic shells?

Yes I do, I would buy them at Smitty's on Almaschool and Warner 

• Like 1

Popular Outdoor Outfitters. 3.29-3.79 for Years before doves season. I miss those sales. 

• Like 1

I totally forgot about Popular Outdoors. Yeah they always had some good deals. 

and yes on the activ shells too…I remember the first time I think it was my brother that had some. They looked so cheaply made I was afraid they’d misfire or jam. 

• Like 2

In the early 1970s my family's dove hunt ritual consisted of buying shells from our local "Yellowfront" store on the Sunday before opening day... Dad would buy case's of 20 and 12ga Remington/Peters  brand shells for $0.97 a box...Those sure were the days....

• Like 6

Is lead bird shot legal in AZ for dove or migrant bird hunting? I know it's been banned for waterfowl for 25+ years.

On 8/23/2023 at 9:49 PM, drcarr said:

In the early 1970s my family's dove hunt ritual consisted of buying shells from our local "Yellowfront" store on the Sunday before opening day... Dad would buy case's of 20 and 12ga Remington/Peters  brand shells for $0.97 a box...Those sure were the days....

Ahh yes Yellow front! Of all the stores I miss, I probably miss that one the most. Picking up the weekly Bob Hirsch Outdoor Almanac was a weekly highlight!

• Like 2

And there was Yates army navy surplus that would have pallets of 12 and 20 ga shells for 97 or 99 cents a box. Federal Monarch or Rem Mohawk, usually.

• Like 1