Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Anything I should know before buying a trager?

On 9/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, tanclan4 said:

Recteq with sear plates 🫳🎤

I second that... I own Recteq for 8+ years with no issues... purchased original RT-680 model.

45 minutes ago, AZ Yugo said:

I second that... I own Recteq for 8+ years with no issues... purchased original RT-680 model.

Third.  I own a Recteq and purchased mainly for its ability to hold temps within a smaller temperature sway.

I love mine.

"I believe that the guys that started Traeger sold the company and started Louisiana grills."

Actually, the Traeger's sold out to an investment company.  They then went to work with Dansons Inc, which makes both Pit Boss and Louisiana Grills. Dansons is based in Scottsdale, but all of their grills come from overseas as well. 

I have a Traeger and haven't had a single issue with it in 4 years. Just like with anything, there's always going to be pros and cons. I would buy another one

Looked at the camp chef woodwind pro36 today side by side with  a trager  and the camp chef is definitely  a better  built grill.  Need to still  look at the rectec and Yoder  . I'm in no rush  so I'm really  looking  at all 3 grills and what they have to offer

I didn't read thru all the comments, but, I have had a traeger for about 4 yrs now I think and love it. That said I would like a sear station and if/when I buy a new pellet grill it will likely be a Yoder since they are made in the USA. 

When it comes to pellets, DO NOT buy traeger pellets. They are not what they say, they are hardwood pellets flavored like apple and such. They were sued over it. Make sure you buy real hardwood pellets of the wood you want. I like some of Green Mountains pellets as well as the brand BBQ Island sells near me. 

On 9/28/2023 at 10:43 PM, dcshorthairs said:

Buy the Yoder and don’t look back. I have the 640 and love it

Solid advise!

21 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Any charcoal users out there?  Smokey Mountain 22” and a BBQ Guru DigiQ is what I use. 

I have a Charbroil gas grill I bought about 10 years ago and grill probably five nights a week. I use El Diablo Mesquite charcoal in my Brinkman R2D2 smoker that I have had since 2005. I almost pulled the trigger on an RT-380 as it would be perfect for me but didn't because it does not have WiFi.

I picked up a used one at a garage sale on the cheap that needed a heating element and a fan.  Parts are readily available and it is easy to work on these.  So much YouTube help to lean on too.  That smoker and I became pretty tight pals for the first few weeks until we went Vegan.  Joke.   My Son picked up a Pit Boss, same concept but seems better designed overall compared to my Traeger.  I learned just this week that the neighborhood rats can easily access the grill through the stove pipe so we keep it covered now.  Happy Grilling / Smoking!

20231016_230108.jpg

20231015_164327.jpg

20231015_150048.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 1:07 AM, Happy Trails said:

I picked up a used one at a garage sale on the cheap that needed a heating element and a fan.  Parts are readily available and it is easy to work on these.  So much YouTube helps to lean on  essay writing help app https://essaypro.app/ too.  That smoker and I became pretty tight pals for the first few weeks until we went Vegan.  Joke.   My Son picked up a Pit Boss, same concept but seems better designed overall compared to my Traeger.  I learned just this week that the neighborhood rats can easily access the grill through the stove pipe so we keep it covered now.  Happy Grilling / Smoking!

20231016_230108.jpg

20231015_164327.jpg

20231015_150048.jpg

That looks so tasty!