codyhuntsaz

Head Lamp

Those light bars look cool.

This is what I've been using lately.

MILWAUKEE Rechargeable 600 lm Max Brightness, 27 hr Max Run Time, 30 m Max Beam Distance

• Like 2

That milwaukee is trash after a while.  That is our supplied headlamp for work.  After a couple of recharges, the battery life goes to crap.  I used to have to have 3 fully charged, to make it a night.  I now use my coast headlamp at work, and it is much better.  Whatever you do, get one that recharges and takes cr2 batteries.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

That milwaukee is trash after a while.  That is our supplied headlamp for work.  After a couple of recharges, the battery life goes to crap.  I used to have to have 3 fully charged, to make it a night.  I now use my coast headlamp at work, and it is much better.  Whatever you do, get one that recharges and takes cr2 batteries.  

Knock on wood mine still going. It's about 4 months old. We shall see!

I have had this for a while. 
 I’ve always had good luck with Princeton Tec. My priority’s are light weight, long lasting battery life and durable

Princeton Tec Byte Multi-Mode Multi-Beam IPX4 Water Resistant LED Tactical Headlamp with 200 Lumens, Essential Outdoor Accessory for Hiking, Backpacking, Camping, Running, and Safety Preparedness, Tan https://a.co/d/8lueIuV

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I have only used Fenix flashlights and headlamps for the last 15 years for both work and outdoors. Great company, products and customer support.

Thanks….that was the other one I was considering. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

Thanks….that was the other one I was considering. 

New customers usually get 10% off and they run a lot of specials.

• Like 1

I will also plug  Fenix, I have two older rechargeable ones that are pushing 5 years and a single charge still lasts a full weeks hunt. Mine have a lowlight red option but it looks like the similar new model uses a lens filter: 

https://fenix-store.com/collections/headlamp-series/products/fenix-hl40r-led-rechargeable-headlamp

https://fenix-store.com/products/34mm-filter?refSrc=8205294928168&nosto=nosto-page-product2

Petzl makes good headlamps too, I have one still kicking that runs 3 AAA batteries that is at least 15 years old.

• Like 1

I asked the same question years ago. Several members suggested Coast head lamp and that's what I chose. It has served me well on my hunting trips. Light weight adjustable beam. I also have another one with the Red light. 

• Like 1