Sign in to follow this  
Taylorz1

Thanks to all for replies

Thanks to all who have posted and replied. PMs sent. A lot of these trucks are great looking rigs but again too new for what I’m looking for. Id really be interested in a pre 1986 truck/bronco/blazer. That chevy in globe looks like a project for sure but id rather look for something with a better body. In my limited experience even a roller with a straight body ends up being a better project than a runner needing a ton of body work or that had been pieced together over the years. Thanks and best

zack

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taylorz1 said:

Thanks to all who have posted and replied. PMs sent. A lot of these trucks are great looking rigs but again too new for what I’m looking for. Id really be interested in a pre 1986 truck/bronco/blazer. That chevy in globe looks like a project for sure but id rather look for something with a better body. In my limited experience even a roller with a straight body ends up being a better project than a runner needing a ton of body work or that had been pieced together over the years. Thanks and best

zack

That 87 is $2800 too much. On a good day and that's being generous.

Not sure. Prices are all over the chart. I'd like the op to have first dibs.

Good for you.  My soon to be 16 yr old and me are deep in this dent side.  Good memories already with more to come.    Motor just got done, won’t be long.    

IMG_2933.jpeg

IMG_3349.jpeg

IMG_3348.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Sounds crazy but I know a abandoned property with 2 80s Ford pickups just sitting there. I think one was to supply an engine to the other. Not sure how abandonment titles work but maybe?...

I could get picks, will be out there again this week.

4 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Sounds crazy but I know a abandoned property with 2 80s Ford pickups just sitting there. I think one was to supply an engine to the other. Not sure how abandonment titles work but maybe?...

I could get picks, will be out there again this week.

Get permission from the property owner of record to remove them. Then leave them on you property for a while to meet the criteria. Then follow procedures for abandoned titles.

Or

Get the VINs and find the original owner of record. Get them to file for a lost title and then title them to you.

Not Legal advice, just what I might would try if I were that interested.

11 hours ago, grey curse said:

Good for you.  My soon to be 16 yr old and me are deep in this dent side.  Good memories already with more to come.    Motor just got done, won’t be long.    

IMG_2933.jpeg

IMG_3349.jpeg

IMG_3348.jpeg

This is exactly what my dad did with each one of us kids growing up.... some of the best memories ever made. Looks like it is a manual transmission. Are you keeping it that way? And what motor ?  So awesome you guys are doing this with your kids. 

10 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Get permission from the property owner of record to remove them. Then leave them on you property for a while to meet the criteria. Then follow procedures for abandoned titles.

Or

Get the VINs and find the original owner of record. Get them to file for a lost title and then title them to you.

Not Legal advice, just what I might would try if I were that interested.

First, give the VIN to the DPS and see that they're not stolen. 

My ex boss bought a property that was once a landscape business. There were several abandoned trailers on the property.  Wouldn't ya know it, the nicest trailer there turned out to be stolen.  DMV will never issue any kind of title for a stolen vehicle. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Looks like it is a manual transmission. Are you keeping it that way? And what motor ?

Yes keeping it the long throw four speed, hopefully texting will be harder that way.   Just turned the 351 into a 400 with small cam. Nothing crazy yet, easy swap later if he decides.   

31 minutes ago, grey curse said:

Yes keeping it the long throw four speed, hopefully texting will be harder that way.   Just turned the 351 into a 400 with small cam. Nothing crazy yet, easy swap later if he decides.   

Sounds sweet and good move on the 4 speed  tactic.... hopefully keep them safe from that distraction.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edge said:

First, give the VIN to the DPS and see that they're not stolen. 

My ex boss bought a property that was once a landscape business. There were several abandoned trailers on the property.  Wouldn't ya know it, the nicest trailer there turned out to be stolen.  DMV will never issue any kind of title for a stolen vehicle. 

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.