Sign in to follow this  
NYAZHunter

36B success

Arrived Tuesday , got set up , and then the rains came. Quite the downpour , some moisture inside as well.  Wednesday morning sunshine . Coyotes were heard frequently and on a morning sit, 5 went by me about 20 ft away. The last one stopped to look at me. Sorry I didn’t get a pic. Ran into a herd (?) of coatimundi, 20 plus.  Was surprised that the east side of 4186 burnt again. Had not known of a wild fire there this summer. F 35 flying , A10’s and border patrol helicopters. Spectacular moon rise and sun sets. Always a treat and pleasure to watch . Does were everywhere. Did not see a Buck until day 5 of my 6 days to hunt. 8:45 , he is walking down a draw and put him down at 174yds.  As I watch him drop, I see a much larger /wider Buck go back up the mountain. Lesson learned, maybe glass behind the 1st Buck you see. My Buck was a 3 pt with a kicker on the right side on front side of brow tine. Drug him down the wash , about 3 hours back to camp and butcher up. I love this unit with or without a harvest. BTW, that is my happy , excited look. 

IMG_6512.jpeg

IMG_6477.jpeg

IMG_6430.jpeg

IMG_6465.jpeg

• Like 31

4 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Congrats on a good harvest! 36b is a great unit! I’m gonna have to give Mike crap for not offering me a hat!

I’m looking to be a paid endorser.  After seeing Mikes trophy room , not much else to say. 

• Haha 1

Congrats on a nice buck. Love that country down there! 

Not sure I want to see your Mad face! Haha

5 hours ago, Mocha1545 said:

Congrats on a nice buck. Love that country down there! 

Not sure I want to see your Mad face! Haha

That’s the familiar scowl brought on by still envisioning that bucks buddy, (twice the size of the one you just shot) that you didn’t know was there until after you killed the smaller one!😂

• Haha 1

Nicely done. My son and I will be there on December 1st for our hunt. Big congrats to you 👏

• Like 1