Sign in to follow this  
JSR

FYI - Meat Processing

I went to two processors today to drop off meat and both refused because their freezers are full. Gilbert Butchery and Southwesterrn in QC. 

they said try back in 2-3 weeks. 

😳

By Southwestern do you mean Millers Southwest? I dropped off a deer there a few Mondays ago and they were filling up quick and there was even a line to drop off animals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curtis Reed said:

Buy a grinder and stuffer…. takes about 2 hrs to turn a coues into brats. 

Agreed…and I have all of that. What I dont have is time right now or room in my freezer to freeze it until I get time.  (Mule deer). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

By Southwestern do you mean Millers Southwest? I dropped off a deer there a few Mondays ago and they were filling up quick and there was even a line to drop off animals. 

Yes, Millers. 

I haven’t been to  butcher in years.  Just process it to what you’re comfortable with. If there’s more you need then you can do it with them. I imagine you’ll be able to do most of what you want, freezer or not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oz31p said:

Has any one called holiday processing?

I did for their west side location and they said they were full too,  after my boys coues hunt. That was a couple weeks ago. We did it ourselves. Time was my issues this time , but I made time for. Just lost some sleep.