Adicted

Son looking for work.. Hard worker and motivated

LU 640 - Serve an apprenticeship - Focus on instrument & controls. Serve him well for life.  Good clean work that an older person can perform,  Nobody stays young forever.

If he is interested in HVAC construction work let me know. I have customers who are always looking for dependable trainable help. 

On 12/5/2023 at 8:24 PM, AZkiller said:

Tough to compete huh? Even tougher for those of us that get licensed and insured. 🙄

Why tough to compete, great works sells its self, and bad work doesn't. My electrical license is a joke, money grab by registra and doent really protect anyone, a bunch of bank rupt contractors telling you how to run your business, haha. Tell him to be a man of his word, complete every project and never forget who he is doing it for, the customer. He's gonna go far.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Why tough to compete, great works sells its self, and bad work doesn't. My electrical license is a joke, money grab by registra and doent really protect anyone, a bunch of bank rupt contractors telling you how to run your business, haha. Tell him to be a man of his word, complete every project and never forget who he is doing it for, the customer. He's gonna go far.

Liability and workman’s comp for me and my 3 employees is now $9k a year. I guess yeah xxxx it all and go under the table is an option 

• Like 3

Oh that part yes, ins and comp, yes no employees and its still $5000

• Like 1

I just wanted to respond to this post about the work Dylan just did for me. He showed up on time, gave a fair and no-nonsense estimate and did very high quality work. His crew showed up and were very efficient and polite. I have no hesitation in recommending him to others as we are pleased with the nice job he did.  If any of you are on the fence about getting some work done around the house, I would give him a chance. I will try to post pics of the pavers and turf he did for us. I am confident you will be pleased if you give him a shot. 

Thanks,

Ryan

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, duxngeez said:

I just wanted to respond to this post about the work Dylan just did for me. He showed up on time, gave a fair and no-nonsense estimate and did very high quality work. His crew showed up and were very efficient and polite. I have no hesitation in recommending him to others as we are pleased with the nice job he did.  If any of you are on the fence about getting some work done around the house, I would give him a chance. I will try to post pics of the pavers and turf he did for us. I am confident you will be pleased if you give him a shot. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks ryan.  

Hes picked up some pavers and turf jobs to keep him busy for a bit. Hes going to finish those jobs and we will talk about what direction he wants to shoot for.  Thx fellas for everyone who reached out.  

• Like 1

It's great to hear about Dylan's work ethic and motivation. He sounds like a dedicated and hardworking young man with a lot of potential. I don't have a position available myself, but I have a few suggestions and resources that might help Dylan find steady work and start a career.

First off, trade unions often have apprenticeship programs in fields like electrical work, plumbing, and construction. These programs provide on-the-job training and can lead to stable, well-paying careers. Encouraging Dylan to check out local job fairs and networking events might also be beneficial. They’re excellent places to meet potential employers and learn about available positions.

Community colleges and technical schools offer programs in various trades and often provide job placement assistance. They can be a great way for Dylan to gain additional skills and credentials. He might also want to keep an eye on online job boards like Indeed, Monster, and Glassdoor for entry-level positions that match his interests and skills.

Smaller, local businesses are sometimes looking for motivated individuals to join their teams. Dylan could consider reaching out directly to companies in his area, even if they're not advertising open positions. His initiative and willingness to learn could make a strong impression. Networking is also key – he should reach out to family, friends, and acquaintances who might have connections in the fields he's interested in. Personal recommendations can often lead to job opportunities.

Best of luck to Dylan in his job search. He has a bright future ahead with his strong work ethic and determination. If I hear of any opportunities, I'll be sure to pass them along.

6 hours ago, SchroederKr said:

It's great to hear about Dylan's work ethic and motivation. He sounds like a dedicated and hardworking young man with a lot of potential. I don't have a position available myself, but I have a few suggestions and resources that might help Dylan find steady work and start a career.

First off, trade unions often have apprenticeship programs in fields like electrical work, plumbing, and construction. These programs provide on-the-job training and can lead to stable, well-paying careers. Encouraging Dylan to check out local job fairs and networking events might also be beneficial. They’re excellent places to meet potential employers and learn about available positions.

Community colleges and technical schools offer programs in various trades and often provide job placement assistance. They can be a great way for Dylan to gain additional skills and credentials. He might also want to keep an eye on online job boards like Indeed, Monster, and Glassdoor for entry-level positions that match his interests and skills.

Smaller, local businesses are sometimes looking for motivated individuals to join their teams. Dylan could consider reaching out directly to companies in his area, even if they're not advertising open positions. His initiative and willingness to learn could make a strong impression. Networking is also key – he should reach out to family, friends, and acquaintances who might have connections in the fields he's interested in. Personal recommendations can often lead to job opportunities.

Best of luck to Dylan in his job search. He has a bright future ahead with his strong work ethic and determination. If I hear of any opportunities, I'll be sure to pass them along.

Sure seems like a bot/AI wrote this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 7:04 AM, Adicted said:

My son name is Dylan.  He just graduated High School but is a motivated hard working guy.  Hes 6 ft 210 strong guy. Several can vouch for him on here and hopefully they chime in.  For the past 2 years while playing Baseball and school he started his own paver and turf business.  Does good work but in AZ its hard to compete since so many people do it here, and people don't trust young kids.  He also does monthly landscape if any of you guys interested.  He's on the west side in Waddell/Surprise.  

The reason I'm posting is last night he said Dad, I need steady work. His skills are in what I mentioned above plus sprinklers, but he's willing to look into any field.  He's young and I'm hoping some of you guys on here have a beginning position into something new.  Could be electrical, mining, car sales, plumbing,  farming, etc... Hoping to get  him started in a career.  If you guys have anything shoot me a message and I will put you in contact with him.  He has a 4x4 truck to get to work. Thanks fellas. Some pics of his work and the deer pic is last weekend.  

D 4.jpg

D 1.jpg

D 3.jpg

D 2.jpg

D 6.png

D 5.jpg

So did your kiddo dive deep into the paver biz?

Just wondering.  I had my son and another guy do their own job without me and my kid decided construction wasn't where he wanted to hang his hat.  Freeport macmoran is hiring now for summer jobs driving water trucks at the mines which is a first step to drive the giant dump trucks.  He applied and starts in a few weeks, pay starts at $22 per hour with lots of room to move up.  

• Like 3