Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Rut report.

I will be heading out to 23 today until Sunday. I’ll let you know what I’m seeing there 

• Like 1

21 up north had no action yesterday but the south end had bucks with does today, including some decent fighting.  Slowly starting to turn on.  

Update from this past weekend. Mule deer in unit 23 were in full rut. Saw a ton of Coues deer but only saw one Coues buck chasing.  

• Like 1

Found a coues rutting yesterday, snuck right in on him and he get up and wouldn’t stop till he was behind a bush. I should have shot when he was walking quartering away but i choked 

• Like 4

Woulda, coulda, shoulda ain't that hunting. Thats why we love it the thrill of the chase and failure. You'll connect with a bigger on. 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 7:54 PM, dustin25 said:

Been in 34a for 8 days this hunt, today was the first day I saw any rut activity. Several small bucks chasing and birddogging and my brother shot a nice buck that was with a doe

How did you end up?

Since last Saturday I saw the buck I was after 3 times. Once alone twice with does.  Saw two other mature bucks with does.  One was a few seconds from getting an arrow flung at him.  Flats hunting at its finest. 

You can watch the quotas and pretty much determine where the mule deer are rutting haha.  Coues in the southern units I’m sure will be end of January for good rut action like always.    Could be interesting though to see happens after this next wave of storms does with the last one also being a cold one.