Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Cummins emissions recall ?

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

I will ask my son when he gets here in a couple hours, hopefully get you an answer, he says the only thing that sucks about the delete is finding a dealership to reprogram computer. Getting tuff. He also said if your deleted and get pulled over in California turn it off, they will take from you on the spot. 

The other issue with the delete,  is selling the vehicle.  Better be your forever truck. Buyer Better be in non Maricopa,maybe Pima too(?) county. Not defending stupid emissions standards at all. I looked hard  at doing the Delete , and talked myself out of it.  Ironically, I read it’s a “Federal”crime to tamper w emissions , lol. But taking money from foreign countries and businesses for favors,   and using insider knowledge to enrich your self  in the stock market isn’t when you work for the Gov.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

So what's the scoop on the cummins  ? I hear they got  a major fine for cheat codes on the 6.7 diesel.  I just got the recall notification  for my 2018 . Is this a mandatory  fix ? Like I won't  be able  to get my tags for next year without  the re- flash or am I still  good.  Anyone  have the re flash done yet? What are the impacts  to the truck . Hurt milage ,power, or increase  in Def usage? Last thing I want  is a truck that sucks down pee faster than you need to go . Or a loss of power  or reliability  . I bought  it for the diesel  power and reliability. 

He said you don't have to do it, and to be very weary when you bring it in. Because if they do it , it can never be reversed. Don't do it.

He said it doesn't change anything on the truck its just a government cheat code. Big brother watching you

Wowza! 1.67 billion $ fine!!! That’s gonna leave a mark!

I got a recall notice for my 2018 GMC diesel and asked the dealership about it.  They said it was for using too much DEF.  So I went ahead and did the fix.  It was actually the other way around and I used more DEF and got worse gas mileage.  I confronted my service rep about it and he just shrugged it off kind of laughing about it.  Pissed me off. Never again.

Called the ram recall hotline.  Not a mandatory recall. Doesn't  void any warranties.

Was told it was to early in recall for any real info on mileage, etc. But no complaints yet.

Basically to appease California crap emissions. There aren't admitting to nothing,  No emissions check in chino, prescott area and just put on 2 yr. tags. 

Dealer stated would only do software emission update if requested. Hsd appointment for my  2018 3500 ram. But gonna cancel for now!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, elkaholic said:

Called the ram recall hotline.  Not a mandatory recall. Doesn't  void any warranties.

Was told it was to early in recall for any real info on mileage, etc. But no complaints yet.

Basically to appease California crap emissions. There aren't admitting to nothing,  No emissions check in chino, prescott area and just put on 2 yr. tags. 

Dealer stated would only do software emission update if requested. Hsd appointment for my  2018 3500 ram. But gonna cancel for now!

Good info.  

On 1/1/2024 at 2:58 PM, AZbowhntr said:

I got a recall notice for my 2018 GMC diesel and asked the dealership about it.  They said it was for using too much DEF.  So I went ahead and did the fix.  It was actually the other way around and I used more DEF and got worse gas mileage.  I confronted my service rep about it and he just shrugged it off kind of laughing about it.  Pissed me off. Never again.

I made this mistake one time and won't do that again. I had a 2006 Dodge Cummins and got a reflash that was supposed to fix issues. The truck was horrible after that and no way to return to the old flash. 

• Like 1

My buddy just did it to his 18' Ram. Said his DEF usage went up significantly after the recall. 

8 hours ago, rkv09 said:

My buddy just did it to his 18' Ram. Said his DEF usage went up significantly after the recall. 

That was just one of the many  ways  they could  bring  emissions  into compliance.  Hopefully  nothing  else  changes  for him and the rest of the truck systems  can handle  the new flash. Keep  us posted  on any  milage  changes  or other issues  .