TR0UBLE SH00TER

How's the AZGFD E-Tag app?

I'm considering signing my son and I up for the app before the elk draw deadline.

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/3.2.23-Tag-Modernization-FAQ-and-App-instructions-Combined.pdf

I'm asking anyone who's used it to share their experience good or bad and what's

the biggest benefit or drawback about the system that you've noticed, if any.

Thank you in advance.

Added this video:

Easy to use, but there are a few drawbacks.

You have to go to AZGFD to buy your tags.  I was told that in the future they may implement kiosks at dealers to streamline the buying process tho.

You need to carry some way to attach your validation number to the animal.  I grabbed some large stickers from game and fish and carry a sharpie in my pack.  After you Etag an animal, it will then give you a # that you need to write on something and attach it to the horn or carcass.  

I do like how all my tags are shown in the app and I do not need to remember to grab all my tags (deer, lion, turkey, javelina, bear)  I will continue use the Etag process

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Easy to use, but there are a few drawbacks.

You have to go to AZGFD to buy your tags.  I was told that in the future they may implement kiosks at dealers to streamline the buying process tho.

Thank you.

Just to confirm, if I sign up for the E-Tag app, I can still buy paper (non E-tag) OTC tags locally, right?

2 hours ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

Thank you.

Just to confirm, if I sign up for the E-Tag app, I can still buy paper (non E-tag) OTC tags locally, right?

Yes. They just won’t show up in the app unless you buy at AZGFD office. 

• Like 1

Easy. Keeps license info and tag info on phone. I killed a coues buck in Nov and used it. Click “tag my animal” on the app and it gives you a number. Write that number on a tag and zip tie on antlers or just write in duct tape and wrap around antler.  I was skeptical initially but found it to be great and simple. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

What's the benefit of an E-Tag?

No lost tags or licenses

Immediate reporting of harvest info

All licenses and tags on phone in one place

No need to carry tag or license in field 

No waiting for tag in mail

…….Are a few benefits I see

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Pros is that you will not loose your tags like I do, always scrambling to find them. This is the only good thing.

Cons you have to go to a physical office to buy your OTC tags

Pin points your exact location of harvest

If you buy a paper tag while you where issued the Etag you are in violation of 2 tags

If you buy the paper tag you can not get a E tag from what they told me. 

Mandatory survey when you activate the tag.

If your phone looses power you might get in trouble if you are unable to tag your animal, I'm sure it's up to the discretion of the warden

Biggest down fall is that you have to drive to the azgf office to buy the ETag.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

What's the benefit of an E-Tag?

A thinner wallet

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Couzer said:

1)Pin points your exact location of harvest

2)Biggest down fall is that you have to drive to the azgf office to buy the ETag.

Thank you for the response.

1) This is from the AZGFD webpage that I linked in the opening post:

"Can you ensure my privacy? Yes, AZGFD’s mobile application meets all data security requirements including encryption of personally

identifiable information. Location data is not collected."

2) Only for OTC E-tags, not for the regular draws in which case there is no actual tag.

• Like 2

I used my first one for the late WT hunt.  Pretty convenient.  I think MOST Wildlife Managers will cut you some slack till we all get this figured out (dead phone) but you should do it as soon as you can to "tag" the animal.  "Durable" concerned me till I watched the AZGFD videos, and they suggested flagging tape.  Flagging tape does not seem durable to me so I ascertain that maybe this is not such a big deal since you "used" your tag and don't have another to keep on hunting.   I like the idea that it yields all harvest data which is what they base the numbers of tags on.

• Like 2

Having my lion tag as a Etag is pretty nice, I'm always miss placing it. 

• Like 1