Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

13 points archery bull

My son has 13 points and wants to archery bull hunt...What units think he can get?

35 minutes ago, Adicted said:

My son has 13 points and wants to archery bull hunt...What units think he can get?

Almost any unit except 3a/3c, 9, 10 and 23

Better than 50% chance in unit 1

Assuming he is a resident.

Not exactly answering your question but he could draw a 23 late rifle bull tag and have a chance at a giant. Not always a fun hunt and some rough country though. If he just wants to chase bugling bulls and doesn't care a ton about size 4b would be a good choice. I'd avoid unit 1 as it's been severely overhunted. 27 similar to unit 1 in regards to being overhunted. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adicted said:

Yeah. Many mixed reviews on 1. Some love and some hate

I would do 1

• Like 2

I am in the same boat with the same amount of points. I may just get a BP and hope that my wife and daughter draw a late rifle tag so I can focus on that. I have been putting everyone in for 27 but may try something else. They will have 17 points together.

53 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

I am in the same boat with the same amount of points. I may just get a BP and hope that my wife and daughter draw a late rifle tag so I can focus on that. I have been putting everyone in for 27 but may try something else. They will have 17 points together.

6 hours ago, Adicted said:

If you guys can hold out for another year or two you can draw a unit 9 or 10 early archery tag. 

If not I would go to 7w, 1, 27, or 3b. Those are my favorites and I see lots of bulls from 320-350 some might even be higher too!

• Like 2

I don’t have a lot of points but i have consistent luck drawing archery bull tags 

my price is $750

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

IMG_8852.jpeg

Did my app this afternoon and this is exactly how I felt! Lmao. 

Sad when the outcome is pretty much a forgone conclusion now.  

On 1/23/2024 at 4:16 PM, UggRedBilly said:

If you guys can hold out for another year or two you can draw a unit 9 or 10 early archery tag. 

If not I would go to 7w, 1, 27, or 3b. Those are my favorites and I see lots of bulls from 320-350 some might even be higher too!

Lol

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Are you laughing at lots of 350s or holding out. Cuz lots of 350s split my sides. 

Finding a 350 bull these days is hard.  It seems the phoenix/tucson guys find them more often. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1