Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Registering vehicles in Montana, anyone doing it?

10 minutes ago, n2horns said:

I started this mess, so EV cars are part of the problem with being taxed at the pump, they are not. They weigh more than my truck, and mess up roads faster and with taxes going up and up, why not look for solutions to help yourself out.

People avoid emissions by going to different counties, hunting guides the unscrupulous kind seem to do all kinds of harm and nothing really happens to them. But this is all interesting view points to consider and decide what is best for you.

Vote for Steve Garvey only R running in kalifuknia for Senate, vote early, often and harvest

Batteries are heavy!

4 hours ago, forepaw said:

Batteries are heavy!

I dont think the average or most EV owners realize the weight and replacement cost of the batteries.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, n2horns said:

I dont think the average or most EV owners realize the weight and replacement cost of the batteries.

This.  Or the fire hazard.

• Like 1

The rich guys know all the angles. I went with a buddy to buy an RV one time.  He flew his brother down from Oregon to buy it.

They had a towne car that they drive to needles, CA to sign the papers to make it legal. Once titled in Oregon he could transfer the title

Another buddy just never registers his RVs. A ticket if you ever get one is $350. Registration is $2000 a year. Cheap gamble.

1 hour ago, catclaw said:

Another buddy just never registers his RVs. A ticket if you ever get one is $350. Registration is $2000 a year. Cheap gamble.

How do you have a valid plate for it then?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 12:04 PM, maximus said:

if you are in that bracket in between earnings, i thinks around 200 grand a year or lower you are screwed with taxes, Warren Buffet said that he pays less taxes than his secretary, billionares or that 1% always find a way.

He pays less percent than his secretary but he pays millions in taxes so no he doesnt pay less taxes

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 3:34 PM, CatfishKev said:

How do you have a valid plate for it then?

You just have a dealer advertisement plate on it and hope for the best

13 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

He pays less percent than his secretary but he pays millions in taxes so no he doesnt pay less taxes

you have to ask him, that what was his quote. i'm not his accountant but billionaires always find the loopholes.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:19 AM, maximus said:

i see a lot of high end cars with Montana plates around.

I met a man in lake Havasu with a Ferrari with Montana plates. I asked him where in Montana he was from as I have family in the Bitterroot. He said he has never even been to the state. He said he formed an LLC in Montana and had a dealer up there order the car for him and bought it under the LLC . Said he saved 30k in sales tax plus much cheaper registration.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nateNAU said:

I met a man in lake Havasu with a Ferrari with Montana plates. I asked him where in Montana he was from as I have family in the Bitterroot. He said he has never even been to the state. He said he formed an LLC in Montana and had a dealer up there order the car for him and bought it under the LLC . Said he saved 30k in sales tax plus much cheaper registration.

Guess I'm gonna start truck shopping in montana :) Dam....how expensive is a Ferrari anyway 30k in sales taxes alone.....I need a new job!!!

On 2/18/2024 at 5:33 AM, maximus said:

you have to ask him, that what was his quote. i'm not his accountant but billionaires always find the loopholes.

Mulepacker had it right, and you misunderstood Buffett's quote - he said he pays less tax rate (or percentage) than his secretary.  Not less taxes (or smaller dollar value).  2 different things commonly confused.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Guess I'm gonna start truck shopping in montana :) Dam....how expensive is a Ferrari anyway 30k in sales taxes alone.....I need a new job!!!

The dealership will want north of 20K for a full brake job.

• Wow! 1