Sign in to follow this  
runningbird

Auction tags

1 hour ago, Redman said:

I thought all the G&F cared about is the money, I must have read that 100 times on CWT over the years. 

Well, there it is, that means it’s absolutely true of course.  Just look at our panel of key board experts.  Just like anything else on  the interweb, lol.

11 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Are they going to raise fees on tags and licenses to be able to do that? Where would they get  funds from? Cut employees? 🤷🏻‍♂️

If that’s the case, Don’t you guys think it’s kinda weird that they’ve been counting on these private funds to pay for everything all these years while also also collecting millions from the public and not putting it aside for wildlife projects?

They already have raised fees. Is azgfd really hurting for money that they need to fire people to do drinker projects, wildlife relocations? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Well, there it is, that means it’s absolutely true of course.  Just look at our panel of key board experts.  Just like anything else on  the interweb, lol.

Key board experts ? Like your self. No experts just conversating. Please proceed expert...

2 hours ago, Redman said:

I thought all the G&F cared about is the money, I must have read that 100 times on CWT over the years. 

Don’t shoot the messenger, but The way the dude who runs the ADBSS page explained it online that the azgfd wanted to keep them. But the commission didn’t. Apparently they’re 2 different things? idk 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Chill. You sound vaccinated 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, twigsnapper said:

This is from the AZGFD presentation from January.

IMG_8635.jpeg.e0b63edac5946cd0c49753128c4c08d8.jpegIMG_8634.thumb.jpeg.0d7deddea73f9486a17884d3a2f5d7eb.jpegIMG_8633.thumb.jpeg.c8e4cf04f01a90c1d0e88c659be59fd7.jpeg

Thank you for posting these.  Others who didnt watch the meeting were nay saying my info.  This proves what i was saying.  Also, non-hard to draw critters like javelina are better in the raffle.  elk, sheep, etc are not.

You guys missed my attempt at humor,  there's 1001 opinions on here at any given time for any given topic.  I was picking up on what I perceived as Redman's irony that everyone claims its the $$, and nothing else like managing wildlife in a rapidly  growing state while trying to recruit, retain, and satisfy hunters. I'll try to dumb it down a bit next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

If that’s the case, Don’t you guys think it’s kinda weird that they’ve been counting on these private funds to pay for everything all these years while also also collecting millions from the public and not putting it aside for wildlife projects?

They already have raised fees. Is azgfd really hurting for money that they need to fire people to do drinker projects, wildlife relocations? 

The G&F dept is more than just Elk, Sheep, Deer that we hunt. We hunters just foot the bill for the majority of their expenses. 
Just look at the recent facebook posts about donating so they can manage some night lizards. 😂

IMG_4081.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Just look at the recent facebook posts about donating so they can manage some night lizards. 😂

Trphy ought to be about supporting night lizards....Is that what they call them now?

• Thanks 1

The current bid for one of the auction elk tags is 333,000.00 at this moment on a online hunting auction site.

16 minutes ago, 125coues said:

The current bid for one of the auction elk tags is 333,000.00 at this moment on a online hunting auction site.

Cool?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Key board experts ? Like your self. No experts just conversating. Please proceed expert...

Ya totally missed , my apologies 

On 3/15/2024 at 4:04 PM, GreyGhost85 said:

I’m ok with it. Guides and outfitters are the ones crying about it because they’ll lose a lot of money. Raffle hunters aren’t going to pay 100k in guide fees. Most of the people screaming about it on social media are people that have a monetary interest in auction tags. Bump up application fees a couple bucks and eartag that money for conservation of that species and it’ll more than cover the lost revenue of the auction tags. 

100% correct.