Hoss50

Harvester EVO Suppressor

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this. They discontinued the EVO which is a shame, but this place has them for a steal of a price on closeout. 

If you want a light and cheap hunting Can this is a great deal.

https://freedom-weapons.com/silencerco-harvester-evo-300-30-caliber-7-62mm/

I already have 2, one for each of my son's hunting rifles. I had wanted 1 for myself, but resisted til I saw this deal. 

Hope this may help someone jump into suppressors or get a good deal on another. 

Harley

• Like 2

P.S. if you have not listened to the Vortex Nation Podcast with silencershop.com recently please do. It was enlightening to the fact that I messed up and didn't use their single shot trusts to register my suppressors. I did individual and now I believe that I will have to add them into a trust together which will cost me another $200 each...

1 hour ago, cannonball said:

Ive got one in jail at FFL 

Healys should be getting mine soon to put in Jail. 

Smoking deal. 

I put one in the shopping cart based on everyone's responses here but not sure what to do next.  I have never bought a suppressor before but I recently bought an AR and want to set it up for varmint calling.  What next?  Do I have to apply for a permit now?  Does it even make sense for me to buy this before I have a permit?  I live in nw part of valley.  I should change my handle to newb.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

48 minutes ago, knothead said:

I put one in the shopping cart based on everyone's responses here but not sure what to do next.  I have never bought a suppressor before but I recently bought an AR and want to set it up for varmint calling.  What next?  Do I have to apply for a permit now?  Does it even make sense for me to buy this before I have a permit?  I live in nw part of valley.  I should change my handle to newb.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

It will prompt  you to pick a ffl near you and it will  be sent  to them . Then it will  ask for payment.  You can use your zip code at the top then hit search to pull up local ffl dealers and pick the one your going  to deal with. 

• Like 1

I too know nothing about cans. The description mentions "compatible with 16" and 20" barrels"... Is it compatible with a 24" barrel? I have a CA Ridgeline 6.5 PRC. So...I can order this, select an ffl, ...then do I go to that ffl to start the app/paperwork? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

I too know nothing about cans. The description mentions "compatible with 16" and 20" barrels"... Is it compatible with a 24" barrel? I have a CA Ridgeline 6.5 PRC. So...I can order this, select an ffl, ...then do I go to that ffl to start the app/paperwork? 

+ 1 Please educate me. Also it says that is a 30 Caliber but...does that mean it can be use on any other caliber under 30? Or should we buy one specific for the caliber you intend to use? TIA.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yep the barrel  length  is the minimum  that they say is safe to run them on .I just ordered  one this morning  and yes once you get it into your cart you can start check out and it will  prompt  you  to find a ffl . I added  the zip code for healey arms and then scrolled down and selected  them then it will  let you pay . Once they get the suppressor  they will  call so you can setup  your paperwork  . Super easy with the kiosk  . The guys  at healeys  can walk  you through  the process  . Get them in a trust so you can have your wife,kids added later .

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ernesto C said:

+ 1 Please educate me. Also it says that is a 30 Caliber but...does that mean it can be use on any other caliber under 30? Or should we buy one specific for the caliber you intend to use? TIA.

You can run a 30 cal can on any 30 cal they say it's safe to run . In this case up to 300wm then you can also run it on any smaller calibers also . I run mine a 30 cal on my 7-08, 6.5 creed,and 223 . It's not recommended  to use on a 22lr because  of the crappy  ammo and leading  the can up. I've got a can just for 22lr and the 17 cal stuff.  

• Like 2