Sign in to follow this  
Zonalivn

Volkswagen bug

1973 Volkswagen bug. Just curious if anyone would be interested in it. Can be a great project car for someone who has the time and money. Classic little bug. Make me an offer. Thank you. 

20240423_164058.jpg

20240423_164030.jpg

20240423_164019.jpg

• Like 2

No offense meant, but that is almost certainly a 1973 or later based on the taillights.

I had a '68 Bug and a '74 Sun Bug and those taillights are from the mid 70's Bug.

GLWS,

Eddie

• Like 1

Good evening. Does it run? Where is it located? What years are the vintage trailers in the background?

"Super Beetle" had a curved windshield. I can't tell from the pic but the 69' and up had better rear suspension for catching air on gas line roads. I owned 2 63's  (one chopped to a Baja) and a 65' back in the day. Fun and cheap to work on.

Funny story. My 63' was my daily driver in high school. I had 2 jobs at the time as well. I had a "gathering" at my folks house one night when they were out of town and one of my friends took my bug to resupply libations. When he brought it back, he said it was stuck in second gear. I tried everything to pop it out of second and it wasn't happening. I had to be to work at 4 AM the next day.

There happened to be a friend at this gathering who had a 63' "Baja" with a bad motor. I didn't have the all of cash he wanted but he said he would give me the car and hold the title until I paid in full. That was good enough for me. We hitched my dad's homemade dolly to my stepmoms 79' T-bird and went to his house. It was knocking like heck and actually split the case on the motor and puked all of the oil when we pulled it onto the dolley. Me and my best pal swapped the motor and license plate from my car that night and I drove it to work the next day. I even got pulled over a few days later because the Baja was lacking mirrors. I handed the cop my registration from the other car and he wrote me a fix it ticket and sent me on my way!

Simpler times for sure.

• Like 4

Sent you a pm

Could be a fun project card, indeed!

I had a 69 bug went in high school. Saved up money bagging groceries and bought a rebuilt 1600cc engine for it.  Had a lot of fun tinkering with that car and learning…..    Good memories!

Good luck with the sale!

My first "off-road" vehicle was a Baja (71 Beetle) with a Weber and no gearing change.  So fun at first but terrible off-road due to the high gearing.  My big truck got better gas mileage and it has a heater and a/c.   Reminds me of the old saying:

"The happiest day in ones life is when he sells his Baja (boat or whatever).  The second happiest was when he bought it."

I bought  a 66 bug from  a lady who wanted  her driveway  parking  spot back . My sister's dad went to look  at it as he would  buy fix and sell cars . They wanted  200 bucks . Sister's dad didn't  want it . So I had already  looked  and figured  out why it had sat . It was a stock 1300 with a single carb and 6 volt . I gave her 50 bucks for it . It was the ugliest brown metallic  I've ever seen.  I put a bolt back in the carb as it had came out and the carb was sitting crooked on the intake  and started  it right up . The look she gave me was insane  . I drove it in high school  while working  on my 69 mgb.

Seems like a lot of nostalgia on these old bugs and rightfully so because they are freaking cool! My buddy had one back in the day, all I can remember is how much it smelled like gas inside the vehicle lol.  But I've always thought they were cool. Glws 

18 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Seems like a lot of nostalgia on these old bugs and rightfully so because they are freaking cool! My buddy had one back in the day, all I can remember is how much it smelled like gas inside the vehicle lol.  But I've always thought they were cool. Glws 

Some could even get to 80MPH on the highway if the valves were adjusted. Just need to rebuild the top half of the motor every 40K miles. 

13 hours ago, Big Tub said:

My first "off-road" vehicle was a Baja (71 Beetle) with a Weber and no gearing change.  So fun at first but terrible off-road due to the high gearing.  My big truck got better gas mileage and it has a heater and a/c.   Reminds me of the old saying:

"The happiest day in ones life is when he sells his Baja (boat or whatever).  The second happiest was when he bought it."

My first "off-Road" vehicle also. I love bugs! 

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4727.jpg

• Like 7