Sign in to follow this  
Chef

What’s with all the BTX’s for sale?

I’ve been seeing a ton of BTX spotters for sale across several online forums. 

I’ve been seriously thinking about picking one up. I now fear that they know something I don’t!  

Anyone have the scoop?

Not to sure but I love mine.  Use it all the time with the 85, it is a game changer.  

• Like 1

They take some getting used to. Head sits at an awkward angle, eye relief is touchy, but they are awesome to look through!

• Like 1

IMO the people selling them don’t use them enough to justify being out $4k+… I bet the other half need some money and it’s a quick way to get $4k back. They are nice but hard to justify for a lot of people cause most guys can still kill plenty with a good pair of 15s. But If you have got the money I say get you a BTX! 

• Like 5

I think some people are selling them to go with the twin STC’s. I had a BTX and forced myself to use it for 2 seasons. Never got used to it. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I think some people are selling them to go with the twin STC’s. I had a BTX and forced myself to use it for 2 seasons. Never got used to it. 

This, and years of hyperinflation are starting to impact people’s financial situations and they can’t justify the 4K wrapped up in a piece of equipment they rarely use.

• Like 8

I've had plenty of time to be behind them.  Enough to be impressed.

The weight is by biggest concern, but I've packed heavy before.

I want to look through a pair of STCs before I decide.  Not 100% certain that STCs will be too wide for my PD.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. 

I was wondering if a newer solution was hitting the market that made them obsolete.  Hence what seems like fire sales on used units.

3 hours ago, desertmafia21 said:

Twin stc’s is the reason. Right now is a good time to scoop one up for cheap!

I'm not sold thats the reason. 

From what I've seen, the STC doesn't close enough for a lot of people (myself included), but the BTX seems to work for more people.

BTX are great.

I think if your glassing w/ three deep on a San Carlos hunt. Having a BTX on the mountain side would be extremely valuable.

For a solo or twosome on public land.. 15s and spotter will get the job done.

And for these reasons I’m out.

40 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I'm not sold thats the reason. 

From what I've seen, the STC doesn't close enough for a lot of people (myself included), but the BTX seems to work for more people.

Yea I’m still on the fence about my stc setup. It’s just not perfect for my pupillary distance (I’m at the absolute minimum). Last thing I need is to have a headache due to glass collimation. Coming from a btx I can say the stc’s are a nicer setup for weight and space savings in the pack. Going to spend some hours in the hills to make my final decision. Might go back to the btx before fall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, desertmafia21 said:

Twin stc’s is the reason. Right now is a good time to scoop one up for cheap!

How does the FOV with them being only 50mm compare?   Do they make an angled bracket?  If someone made angled 20’s or something in that range I’d be all over em.  I absolutely love my BTX for that reason. I’ll switch back and forth from it to my 15’s to give me neck a rest from the straight binos.  I could truly sit all day and not move looking through my BTX’s.  They just fit.  Love em!

• Like 1

Check out Adam’s adapters on Instagram. I don’t have all the specs but FOV is better than btx from what I’ve heard.

12 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

How does the FOV with them being only 50mm compare?   Do they make an angled bracket?  If someone made angled 20’s or something in that range I’d be all over em.  I absolutely love my BTX for that reason. I’ll switch back and forth from it to my 15’s to give me neck a rest from the straight binos.  I could truly sit all day and not move looking through my BTX’s.  They just fit.  Love em!

Sounds like you should stick with the btx!

• Like 1