Sign in to follow this  
Lance

3rd Annual Flagstaff Area CWT.com Get-Together!!!!!

Man I wish I could be there but I'm still up in Canada working <_< . I hope you all have a great time!

Phil

I got home about an hour ago. I am only 2 hours away and I have to hand it to those who came from afar! It was a good time by all-especially the kids. We broke way too many arrows though! Next year I am bringing titanium arrows!

To those who missed, you really missed out. Plan now for next year (I hope Lance is hosting it again)

Dennis

Man I really wanted to go.......but like all the times before..........I had to work :(

Ernesto C

A BIG thanks to Lance for hosting the fun event and providing tasty elk burgers and brats for dinner!

And who put those trees in front of the archery targets???

Here are some photos from around the Friday night campfire.

CWTcampout005.jpg

CWTcampout018.jpg

Are campfires really hypnotic?

CWTcampout012.jpg

Do you want those marshmallows golden brown or charcoal black?

CWTcampout013.jpg

CWTcampout008.jpg

An insect with extra "eyes" that would snap when its back was pushed on.

CWTcampout004.jpg

I had a great time up there visiting with everyone!! And I really enjoyed all the great cooking up there!

We did some serious feasting this weekend! Lance and family cooked up som great elk cheese burgers and brats for Friday night dinner. Thanks to Lance's son Ty for sharing his elk with us!! I loved those. Gino and Tina made smoked bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers stuffed with cream cheese and a mix of mexican cheese. Gino brought up his propane smoker and smoked everything with apple wood. And Brian Marshall and others (not sure if Jeremy and his wife were in on this dish, too?) made up some killer potatoes to go with it all.

Saturday morning featured great bisquits and gravy (with elk sausage in it). Excellent!

Saturday night found us dining on a perfectly smoked prime rib and ribs provided by Gino and his wife. That was great and then Jeremy and his wife provided perfectly baked potatoes, salad and cheesecake! YUM!

Oh, and I added to the mix by making prickly pear margaritas on Fri and Sat night.

I didn't expect to eat so well up there! Thanks for such great food.

We had fun throughout the weekend with the archery shoot, playing a variety of games around camp, having a raffle and several great guess the score bucks. Thanks to those that brought up there deer heads and sheds. It was great to visit with everyone that came up. Hard to beat time spent around a campfire!

Thanks so much to Lance and his family for always making this an excellent campout. It's a real pleasure spending time with your family. I know he took several photos (and I didn't take any!), so I am hoping he will post some. Sorry Carrie had to be on crutches all weekend with her sprained ankle.

Amanda

You guys are killing me <_<

I have been waiting all day for post and pictures

I thank you Doug for the Camp fire pics. (probably 4 out of 500 :rolleyes: )

And all I have really gotten is really hungry :lol:

Lets here about it and lots of good pictures ;)

The kids, my brother and I had a great time. A great big thank you to Lance and Carrie for putting it together and contributing so much. It was a lot of fun to finally meet the people whose posts I have been reading for the last few years. The company, food and activities were really good. I will post some pictures Monday AM.

For those of you who missed it, you really need to put this event on your calendar and make it out next year or to the next get together. I look forward to meeting more people at the next one. I'm definitely planning on making it out to this event every year.

My photography leaves a lot to be desired after seeing Doug's pictures but here they are anyways.

The kids kept Tina's dog entertained most of the time. I probably need to get my kids a dog.

CWT2009014.jpg

There were a lot of really neat looking sheds and pickups out there. You should see the ones Jim Reynolds DID NOT want, Kevin (Peloncillo) brought them.

CWT2009018.jpg

Here are the resident CWT expert archers. Seriously, these guys can shoot.

CWT2009016.jpg

They all took turns shooting at 100 yards. Here is a short video of Lance hitting the target.

th_CWT2009025.jpg

Once again, it was a great time with great people! Thank you all so much for coming!

I counted 33 in all that attended the Get Together this year. Some spent Thursday night and some stayed through Sunday making it a 4 day event!

Sorry, I didn't get a picture of everyone that was there, or of all that went on, but here are a few pictures that I did get! To busy having fun to catch everything on camera I guess!

You saw some pictures from Friday night, And I was one of the first to wonder about on Saturday Morning. We had a nice drizzle of rain of Friday night and woke to a cool fresh and beautiful mountain morning!

Here a heavenly beam of light shines on a B&C class Coues shed as it lies in the morning dew of the rain soaked grass! That is exactly how I think we view every shed Coues anteler we find in the woods! That Halalula moment with a shining light! :rolleyes: ;)

post-669-1245703902_thumb.jpg

So I picked it up and put it on the table for a breakfast center peice.

post-669-1245704768_thumb.jpg

The reminant of the the friday night campfire.

post-669-1245703687_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245707222_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245706746_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245706908_thumb.jpg

the Bow Tree

post-669-1245707024_thumb.jpg

But it wasn't quiet out for long and camp was busy once again!

post-669-1245707421_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245707852_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245708128_thumb.jpg

Ty and little Gavin. "You can pee on any tree you want Gavin". "Realy! Any tree I want!" "Yea! just pick one and you better hury!"

post-669-1245708189_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245708753_thumb.jpg

Amanda was always a big hit with the kids!

post-669-1245708846_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245709241_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245709310_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245709373_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245709439_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245709524_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245710280_thumb.jpg

We ended up having 3 archery shoots! In the morning the kids had a shoot and the adults had a shoot. In the afternoon kids and adults had a shoot together and it got real fun and real creative! I just had my camera phone with me during the shoot so the pictures are a little blury.

post-669-1245710487_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245710503_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245710519_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245710535_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245710573_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245710642_thumb.jpg

Jermey's arrow didn't care it the trees were in the way and scored a 5 right through an oak tree anyway!

post-669-1245710603_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245711032_thumb.jpg

post-669-1245711118_thumb.jpg

Thanks Amanda for this great site!

post-669-1245711248_thumb.jpg

Like I said before. Great time with Great people! Thank you all for coming, participating and contributing to this Get Together! All of you who come are who make it happen! I hope to see you all next year!

Thanks!

Lance and Carrie Crowther

and Family

Oh man looks like I missed OUT! Tried making it but ended up having to go to Phx to get a new truck cause my old beater work truck is on it's last legs. I showed up later Sunday morning and everyone was gone... :( Ended up taking my family to Mormon Lk Lodge for some grub so it wasn't a total loss. Hopefully next year I'll make it....

Oh man looks like I missed OUT! Tried making it but ended up having to go to Phx to get a new truck cause my old beater work truck is on it's last legs. I showed up later Sunday morning and everyone was gone... :( Ended up taking my family to Mormon Lk Lodge for some grub so it wasn't a total loss. Hopefully next year I'll make it....

We missed you Josh!! would have been great to see your family too!!

Amanda

We had a great time!! Good to meet those that came and I guess we missed a few while we were down at the shoot.... next time.... ;) Some was said that the Fathers Day w/e is not good time for the gathering, but I'd like to mention that...IMO.. it is the perfect time to be camping and outdoors as a family!! I really liked that it was the same time as the Mormon Lake Archery shoot.... I'd like to have been up there one day sooner and shot a course or two on Friday.... Lance, Thanks for being such a great host!!! You and your family are very kind to put that on for everyone! And your kids are awesome in our book! ;) All the kids at this deal had even more fun than the adults, I think.... they were all Great and our dogs are still wore out for all the playin' they did with everyone's children!! :lol:

Lance... those burgers were Great!

B-Dog... Thanks for the leason on dutch oven Taters..... They were Awsome!!! Next time you should make it a point not to stay so long... :rolleyes: :huh: ;) :lol: :P :P

:unsure: Oh.... and I noticed that no one has asked about the outcome of that 100 yd shot..... :rolleyes: So I thought that I'd comment it! :rolleyes: :P Although I know that I have not shot over 50 yards for 1 1/2 - 2 years and I only had less than 12 shots on my new string before I showed up at camp... I still managed be closest.... and just edged out my Bro, Jeremy (which does NOT happen very often)!!! :P ;) :lol: :lol: Probably just lucky though.... ;) :lol: :lol: