Sign in to follow this  
couesdiehard

draw results

I just checked AZG&F website and the results for elk and antelope are loaded. Was able to confirm that my wife and I were skunked.

Lee

Even though I had called and got the bad results (not drawn)......when I entered my information on the website I had hoped to get a different result. Not!!! Can't complain I had a tag last year.

Redman

I got blessed again with a September bull elk tag for 6B!! Two years in a row baby!! Should I go a buy a lottery ticket? :D

Ernesto C

Even though I had called and got the bad results (not drawn)......when I entered my information on the website I had hoped to get a different result. Not!!! Can't complain I had a tag last year.

Redman

+1 :(

Nada for me, tambien. Oh well...

Congrats to all the successful folks!

So on Friday I get a call around 9:30pm from a friend. I roll over pick up the phone and he screaming that he was drawn for hunt# 3008, Early rifle 23north. So now I am awake thinking that he put in with his father and brother and now they all have tags. We chat a while and he gets to celebrating.........

This morning he comes in with his head down, so I ask whats wrong. Apparently, he checked online last night and the web said it was hunt# 3028, late 23 rifle bull, still a fun hunt. He called the hotline again and it does say #3008. He talked to a person at G&F and so they called in, used his info and they were shocked that it says 3008 and not 3028. I wonder how many times this happens.....anyone know? Its prolly just a one in a million chance. Right?

-Jeremy-

So on Friday I get a call around 9:30pm from a friend. I roll over pick up the phone and he screaming that he was drawn for hunt# 3008, Early rifle 23north. So now I am awake thinking that he put in with his father and brother and now they all have tags. We chat a while and he gets to celebrating.........

This morning he comes in with his head down, so I ask whats wrong. Apparently, he checked online last night and the web said it was hunt# 3028, late 23 rifle bull, still a fun hunt. He called the hotline again and it does say #3008. He talked to a person at G&F and so they called in, used his info and they were shocked that it says 3008 and not 3028. I wonder how many times this happens.....anyone know? Its prolly just a one in a million chance. Right?

-Jeremy-

Nope it happened to my dad and I last year the phone said we were drawn for 3014 which was 4A archery sept (our 2nd choice) but when we checked the we site it said 3013 4B sept arch. (our first choice). We even met a guy up hunting that said he was drawn for unit 4B arch sept. and didn't even put in for it and he was from CALIFORNIA.

I put in for archery bull only, and as a result; Nothing for me! ;)

No junior cow hunts for my kids either though, which is kind of a drag..... :( My smallest turns 10 this May and I was hoping that she would get a junior tag. Oh well, a lesson in the 'real world' for the kids this year!

Anyone know what the elk left-overs have looked like in the past? Maybe I can pick-up a cow tag for the kids.....

S.

:)

Stan,

The leftovers are on line right now and i don't know anything about the areas they have--all cow--some rifle and some archery.

Son in Law was drawn for a 5BN archery cow tag but he didn't apply for it. He spoke with game and fish and they said he was drawn for his second choice which was a 5A archery bull tag--now he is trying to get them to fix the error.

My question is how many of us that did not get drawn were plugged into a unit we did not have in any of our choices?? Could it be that a number was transposed and we were put into a unit that was a very hard unit to draw??

Another error i know about is a good one for the hunter--this hunter applied for 3*** but he was drawn for 3***--one is for a late rifle bull tag the other is a trophy bull hunt with rifle--i told him to keep that to himself. The two numbers he applied for looked somewhat the same. He was drawn for the trophy hunt.

Lots of errors that i have heard about this year--they need to get this thing back on line so they can eliminate human error with people who get numbers mixed up.

Got to confirm online yesterday that I will be indeed hunting rutting bulls in unit 27 with a muzzleloader in hand come end of September.

Can't believe it! This the 1st elk tag Ive ever drawn.. Never taken a bull. I always told myself that I'd hold out until I get a great tag..and this was the only permit I put in for every year..

Well, I got in in 7 years, which is ALOT earlier than I expected! The hunting Gods have smiled upon me in 2009 for sure.. Gonna make the most of this tag and go for the big boys..

Terry,

Your two examples show why it is a good idea to make photocopies of the applications and checks before mailing them in to G&F