BowNut

Binocular Harness

Got my Minox 15's from Doug at Camera Land and now im looking for a new binocular harness system. I have a couple buddy's that have the ones made by Nimrod and I really like them and so do they. I was just wondering about any other options out there that you all like for your big optics.

I tried my Bino Buddies but with the elastic straps they end up bouncing just below the belt buckle if you know what I mean! :lol: :P

i got the new badlands harness system it works great just make sure your binos will fit in them...

Ya I liked them a lot. I really liked that the bino's were not attached to them but no luck they did not fit.

Thanks

I got sick of carrying my Zeiss 15x60 on my chest, under my arm, with a chest harness, or strapped into my pack waist belt...

The weight of them pulls down on your neck, they bounce around, and are at risk of damage when you trip and fall.

I put them in my pack now with the tripod, and wear a pair of 8x40 leitz trinovids on my chest, super light, super clear, and easy to see the horns on any animal I jump up.

If you're gonna wear um on the outside, use a basic neck strap, lengthen them up and insert them between you and your waist belt on your pack, the pressure of your gut on them keeps um put, and the weight totally off your neck, and they are instantly available to spot jumped game.

T

here is a pic of the one Doug was talking about.

These just came out. They have extra pockets for gear like rangefinders, GPS, your license, flashlight, etc.

There is a large one for 15x56s and smaller one for 10x40s. The straps are not elastic, so they do not bounce. They keep the weight off your neck and can be tightened down very snugly.

post-1-1240756264_thumb.jpg

They are kind of expensive, but the price of went up a bunch from the original when the guy switched to having them made in America.

To order these bino packs or for more info, click on the link below:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/binocular_pouch.htm

Amanda

I tried the harness system but did not like it. If you are rifle hunting and always standing up they are great. Where I ran into trouble is crawling. I found it much better to flip my 8x30s onto my back when crawling for a stalk then to keep smashing my binocs into the ground!

I can't imagine carrying 15s on my chest??? Who uses them without a tripod? When I carry 15s on a strap, I make it long enough that they are under my arm and out of the way. I usually only do this if I don't have a pack with me.

I agree, carrying a 15x around your neck is a bit wacky in my book... but I always carry an 8x or 10x around my neck. Guys/Gals, check out the Del Norte Optic Belt. It works with a neck strap or harness system and elimanates the dragging or swaying of your binos when your stalking. It's easy to use and really keeps them from swingng and swaying. Thier web site is www.delnorteoutdoors.com You can order them on line. They have a cool video you can see on thier site. D.D. P.S. The owner is the guy who invented the Optic Belt after his Swaro's almost knocked him out while riding his horse while hunting!

I also use the one that Amanda sells here. They are designed by Jaret Owens. I have one of his originals that I've had since the early 90's. It's very functional. I use it for my 10x40 Zeiss.

I agree, put your 15's in your pack and put the 8 or 10's on some sort of bino buddy system when you're hiking.

I also just tried the Alaska guide that Jaret makes this weekend. I wanted to see how it did with my pack on at the same time. I stuffed it with more than I would usually take just to see.

DSC00410Medium.jpg

DSC00443Medium.jpg

Binos, GPS, cell phone, keys, headlamp, extra batteries and the camera that took the pic.

No problems with rubbing with the pack on, that was #1.

Loved having eveything right in front of me and not having to hold on to my binos with my left hand to keep them from beating me to death.

It was really hot at 88 deg when we left on the trail, the pouch was warm where it pressed on the front but not nearly as bad as I thought and wasn't uncomfortable.

I have some more things to try with it, like crawling but should work better than dragging my binos.

Kent