Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

1st Annual All-Ladies Turkey hunt!

It's been said a lot already, but I couldn't resist echoing all of the other replies: Congratulations to all of you! And thanks for sharing, this post was a delight to read! Have you ever considered putting together a publication?

What a great time that must have been had by you ladies. And a nice house in which to stay to boot! Bet you will have lotsa takers next year if you do it again. Are you going e-mail this story to all of the participants of BOW to keep some fires burning?

Doug~RR

We had several other women this year that wanted to go but couldn't for various reasons. I actually thought this group size worked well, especially with people coming in on different days. If we had all four from day one, it would have been hard for me to help everyone.

I have already emailed the story to several of the BOW ladies that are interested in hunting. They already have said they want in next year!

Amanda

Hey Amanda! Awesome pics and awesome write-up!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

The kids and I didn't get any turkeys on our hunt, but we were into them daily and had a GREAT time! One of these days one of those little ones is going to get one on the ground!!! ;)

Best regards,

S.

:)

Thanks for all the replies guys! It was a great hunt.

Here are a few more pics of some interesting finds.

Bonnie found this very cool peice of pottery. It was a hollow cylinder, capped on one end. Not sure what it would have been a part of, but if anyone knows anything about pottery, let me know what you think.

post-1-1240982604_thumb.jpg

post-1-1240982624_thumb.jpg

And one afternoon on Kathy's hunt we heard an owl calling, so I sidetracked us on a beeline to go find him before he stopped calling. I imitated his call and he got angry and came over. Cute little northern pygmy owl. Here are some digiscoped pics:

post-1-1240982696_thumb.jpg

post-1-1240982709.jpg

hello - sounds like a fantastic trip ,with great hunting experiences. thanks for sharing it! - congraulations to all! Gary

Amanda, YOU ARE THE BEST! My hat off for you! You are The great hunter!

Thanks for taking us along with you on your hunt.

Ernesto C

:o How did I not see this post before??? Congrats to all the ladies on some fine birds! Looks and sounds like it was a great hunt. Thanks for sharing your awesome trip with us!

-Tracy

Amanda,

Man I don't know how I missed this post till now, I had really been looking forward to reading it!!

Sounds like you guys had a great time, I am very glad things went well for you!!

That is some beautiful country up there, and obviously quite a few birds.

Congratulations!!

Jeff

Very nice.

The smiles say it all.

When I first saw the post I scrolled down to check out all the pics first.

I saw the huntress set up then I saw an elk rack...

I though HOLY MOLY! She shot a bull!!

I commend you on your dedication you have shown to your groups.