Sign in to follow this  
massamino

UNIT 31 GOULD"S KILL

I was fortunate enough to draw a Gould's hunt in my back yard (unit 31) this season. I encountered several Gould's while scouting for my hunt which showed the population is doing great. The road to Riggs Lake on Mt. Graham is still closed but access to a number of toms was still available.

This bird weighed 23.8 lbs and had a 10.5 inch beard. The spurs were worn down to about 5/8ths but I am more than happy with the results. I will be dropping it off at the taxi in the next couple of days since this probably will be my only chance to harvest one in my lifetime.

If the other hunter that drew the tag in 31 is reading this post I want to offer my services for no cost. I spent a lot of money and time on scouting and I have a number of roost locations to harvest a tom. Send me a P.M. and I will contact you as soon as possible.

post-1957-1241108602_thumb.jpg

Here is my daughter turkey from the junior hunt. It had a 8.5 inch beard with decent spurs. This was her first hunt and hopefully she's hooked and I have a new hunting partner.

post-1957-1241109068_thumb.jpg

Congrats!!! I would imagine that he has already headed out, but the contact info for the other guy that has the tag is:

Karl Neuffer

1410 Winrock Blvd. #32202

Houston, TX 77057

713-824-6476

email: karlneuffer@yahoo.com

Congrats to you and your daughter!

I think that is really awsome of you to offer your help to the other hunter. You don't see that kind of gerousity very often when it comes to hunting. Keep us posted on whether or not you get to help him out and let us know how he does. Congrats again to you!

-Tracy

I was fortunate enough to draw a Gould's hunt in my back yard (unit 31) this season. I encountered several Gould's while scouting for my hunt which showed the population is doing great. The road to Riggs Lake on Mt. Graham is still closed but access to a number of toms was still available.

This bird weighed 23.8 lbs and had a 10.5 inch beard. The spurs were worn down to about 5/8ths but I am more than happy with the results. I will be dropping it off at the taxi in the next couple of days since this probably will be my only chance to harvest one in my lifetime.

If the other hunter that drew the tag in 31 is reading this post I want to offer my services for no cost. I spent a lot of money and time on scouting and I have a number of roost locations to harvest a tom. Send me a P.M. and I will contact you as soon as possible.

HELLO

I WAS LICKY ENOUGH TO DRAW THIS TAG ALSO WITH MY FAMILY WE GOT 4 TAGS MY WIFE AND KIDS ANY HELP WOUL BE GREAT