Congrats everyone, I drew a 22 tag, not expecting much, but love to get out none the less.

What is the ML Hunt???

Congrats everyone, I drew a 22 tag, not expecting much, but love to get out none the less.

What is the ML Hunt???

Sorry man... Muzzle Loader. ;)

Didn't get the Coues tags we were tyring for, but Skeeter and I did get mulie tags in 23.

I drew 26 Muzzleloader tag and my wife got a burro mnt. mule deer tag!!!, no elk tag for me that sux!!

Got my NM elk tag today. How do you attach it to the animal? Do you lick the back like a stamp? It doesn't seem to have a backing like AZ tags do.

Parachute cord or zip ties work pretty good.

Parachute cord or zip ties work pretty good.

Pretty convenient, huh?

Anything else I should know about hunting in NM? I know I have to report by Feb. 15th even if I didn't kill anything. Don't bring in firewood from another State. I'm going to look it up, but what if I score on an elk? Can I bring it back to AZ to get it processed? Should I get it processed in NM? Sorry for all the questions, I will look them up, but I figure some of you all already know. I don't want to get dinged for doing somehing illegal. Note to self, bring a couple zip ties....... :blink: :blink:

Anything else I should know about hunting in NM?

Unless it has already been posted here, you will need a Habitat Stamp to hunt on Forest Service and BLM Land ($5) and a mandatory Habitat Management and Access Validation Stamp ($4).

Guest RutNHard

NO tags here. I put in for AZ, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado and nothing so far and I doubt I am gonna repeat in AZ for deer since last year I got the strip tag for mule deer. I have heard its easier to get drawn if you put in with an outfitter and use his outfitter number. Is there any truth to that??

NO tags here. I put in for AZ, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado and nothing so far and I doubt I am gonna repeat in AZ for deer since last year I got the strip tag for mule deer. I have heard its easier to get drawn if you put in with an outfitter and use his outfitter number. Is there any truth to that??

Yeah, 12% of tags go to non-residents that sign up with an outfitter. Otherwise you are put in the general non-resident pool where only 10% of the tags are allocated. So, 22% of available tags go to NR.

I am reading the regs for NM and it looks like my elk license is also my nongame species license. Does this sound right? So I could shoot a coyote if I saw one on my elk hunt? I'm mailing in today for my 2 habitat stamps also. Thanks Griz for that heads up.