hoghntr

****NOT MY HERO****

Wow, What the heck. I am a neutral reader. I know nothing about the article, the area, the deer or the hunt. I am going to say it straight: You Rim Guys are coming off like jealous a$$es. Your honey hole has been compromised? Welcome to the club. C+S your gracious hunting partner? Didn't he come off as a complete dick when he posted here the few times after his great buck was measured. Must I go to the archives? The few posts that I have read from NLA, even on this post, where he is getting hammered, have left me with a completely different picture than what you guys are portraying. I have some good hunting buddies that live in Rim country and they have told me the stories of this petty B.S. that goes on up there. I did not believe it, until I read this crap. Now I know why they hunt down here. Man, I am sure glad I am not a trophy hunter. If I ever get a hair up my butt to become one, I will run off this thread and read it, to rid me of those ridiculous thoughts.

Bob

Ya know Bob..... I gotta hand it to you..... When you are wrong, you're wrong... but as far as coming off wrong in first posts there is much to be said for how hard it is to transfer emotion into text.... making it very easy to assume that someone is a Jerk. I've got broad shoulders and I dang sure have my Butha's back... honorable and gracious he is and one of the finest hunters I know. I have been on both sides of this "He shot the Big One.... Get the Rope!" crap and as Kent mentioned there must be a touch more to it.... ;) To clarify... I have never hunted where NLA shot his buck and don't intend to ever hunt there (now fore sure!) with a bow. And I just love it when the desert rats start herding us mountain boys in a corner and take pot shots at us for standing up for a belief.... there are far less of us and I'd take most of these "petty" mountain boys over just about anybody, cuz they are real and they call it how it is. ;) Further more the guys that are most angry about the hole deal are not northland dwellers.... folks from Globe and Pheonix just lost a great spot close to home for about 3-5 years. This is not at all about me, or the unit, or where a guy hunts, it is about respect for fellow hunters (and yes, I believe in that VERY much).... and about being so hungry that you forget to kill the spin before it bites you! I made the point that it was a Rookie mistake, if Nate is as good a fellow as he claims to be then the point was taken and he made, IMO, an apology. At this stage that is all that he can do besides learn and move onward and upward. I hope the next time he kills a WR that he is better prepared for how ugly it is at the top and does more justice for himself and his fellow hardworking hunters..... and I am sure he will. ;) And before you blow me up again remember that this is all about passion and that passion is what sparks a thread like this, it is passion that make this site and threads like this so important..... it is part of the learning curve. I've been part of FTF frays like this and some of them leave scars and some build new friendships and better people. The words in this thread should be or could be boiled down to wisdom for young and new hunters.... Previous threads as well as tutelage from their respected piers is what has helped several guys on here become better and better hunters, IMO. Threads like this are healthy.... they clear the air... I said my piece and I am good with that. If you or Nate or anyone else hate me for what I said that is fine, but I always leave it on the table here and in real life and make no mistate I'd have sent the same message face to face.... so love it or hate it.... I am who I am.... and who I am proud to be. And maybe I will have that beer with Nate sometime.... but he and I will understand each other better for the words that he and I have written here . I am good with that too. And Nate I do wish you the best... You are the one who will have to deal with this the longest.... but I'm betting you'll handle it.

Have a great rest of the week :P ... I am off to the woods for 5 days! :P ;) LATERS!!!! :lol: :P

Ya know Bob..... I gotta hand it to you..... When you are wrong, you're wrong... but as far as coming off wrong in first posts there is much to be said for how hard it is to transfer emotion into text.... making it very easy to assume that someone is a Jerk. I've got broad shoulders and I dang sure have my Butha's back... honorable and gracious he is and one of the finest hunters I know. I have been on both sides of this "He shot the Big One.... Get the Rope!" crap and as Kent mentioned there must be a touch more to it.... ;)

CnS,

Two points

I am certain I am wrong about my impression of your buddy. I have no idea what pressure there is to arrow a world record buck. I should take that into consideration before forming an impression of him. Doesn't Nate also warrant the same consideration?

Second, you and others keep slipping in these innuendos that there is something tainted about Nate's buck. I highlighted an example in your quote. I have the up most respect for you. But it is wrong! It is wrong to keep perpetuating the shadow on this buck, that these little whispers are leaving. If you know facts of some impropriety come out with it. Otherwise, stop the rumor mongering, you are better than that!

Bob

here is the map in question...shown almost the actual size of 2" from that article..you all be the judge of public opinion...

post-3204-1246550573.jpg

here is the map in question...shown almost the actual size of 2" from that article..you all be the judge of public opinion...

Oh my god it is a MAP of 24A woopeee. That is a big unit. But everyone knows the exact location. Okay then lets see how this blows over there are over there are 6 salts set out by me if you can find them then I will give you a 100.00 each. :P Good luck.

I think if someone wants to tell where he killed an elk,deer,pig so on and so forth he has all right to do so. If he then goes and hunts a different area then so be it. How many times have you said, "oh I saw a nice three point at so and so mountain". We all do it and you can't say you have never done it because thats like telling your wife you were not looking at her A$$ you were poping your neck. Don't forget high school is over so learn how to grow up. THATS MY 2 CENTS.

Clay,

I'm thinkin' you should add that to your Résumé..... I'm sure that those comments will move you to the front of the line with every Outfitter in the state! ;) :lol: :lol: After all it only takes 3 crisp $100 bills to get that guide's license! :rolleyes: Never mind all the really good guys that hunt that country and bust their tails that are now looking for a new "spot"... Hope it is one of your 100's of spots! :blink: :rolleyes: :lol: Your "new" hunting buddy hit a home run on this deal... Glad all that country burned up... it might make this Flub a bit less painfull for all the good guys that love those hills.

Nate,

You need to man up..... :rolleyes: .... If my hunting partner had loose lips like yours..... 2 other units would have maps like **a does.... You see lighting does NOT strike twice....My hunting partner is not only a blessed man, but also a Gracious one and not only truely respects the grey ghost but also the other Men and Women who chase it. I believe the term: Even a blind Squirrel... was used???? You are great at the strut but you have the swagger of a Lucky Duck.... There are a lot of guys on this forum that have put in years and decades of chasing these wicked little deer only to have their Arses handed to them, again..... You disrespect them, IMO. Don't ever forget that you were far more lucky than good.... as we all are when we harvest a coues with a bow. We all know the story of you standing on the side of the road with an un-gutted deer acting like you just shot a 100"er..... you need a steady diet of humility, cuz the diet of stupidity you have been on is stinking the place up.

Humble up and shut up..... those are my two words of advice..... Best of luck on your up coming season.

Amanda..... it has ben a while since the D.D. side of me has reared up.... sorry for that, but not sorry for what I said. ;)

Beau.... you are really more old school than I ever imagined...... Kudos! ;)

Okay then you need to tell all of the outfitters the same thing you just told me. Hello that is how they make there living. Look at every outfitter website and you will see that they mention the unit of where the bucks were killed what it scored where they hunt what hunts they offer so on and so forth. HELLO thats what they do. You just put your ugly foot in your mouth, :lol: :lol: :lol: . By the way unit 24A is the only unit I hunt deer in and always have since I was 10 that is where I have my hundreds of spots (that one back fired didn't it) :lol: You really have no clue of what is going on do you. I think you may be the ROOKIE. :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh by the way it looks as if this topic backfired. Now who looks like the ROOKIE :lol: :lol: This website use to be fun but all I see on here anymore is bashing. Amanda is a great person and I Know she does not deserves this. I am done with this good night and goodbye.......

nlacost- Congrats on a sweet buck..too bad it was spread all over the hunting world like that, but after reading all of the nonsense here about the story and picture I was expecting to see a 30x30 foot map of the tree you were sitting in. :)

Great buck

Thanks..Like I said the map thing was something I couldnt control,and the mention of the Pinals came from THIS thread...look at the map and see if it even shows Globe or anything these guys are talking about...

I have to say I laughed out loud when I saw "THE MAP" just now. I am still laughing. Don't tell me that is really what got everybody worked up.

I think we should also lynch Orozco for telling everyone his buck came out of 34A.

nlacost- Congrats on a sweet buck..too bad it was spread all over the hunting world like that, but after reading all of the nonsense here about the story and picture I was expecting to see a 30x30 foot map of the tree you were sitting in. :)

Great buck

See the problem is that the people that are jelous will usually start crap or spread roumers about something so small and throw it out of proportion and the other people that are NORMAL usually think that this is the crazyest topic there ever was. To all their own.

Yes thats it and what possesed some to get cranky about..

I shot a monster bull in Unit 9 with my bow! If anyone needs info on where unit 9 is, shoot me a pm and I'll draw you a map.

All kidding aside, That's a really nice buck!!!

The only secrets in AZ are atleast 2 hours from a truck. Doubt the out-of-staters will bother you there.

Only time will tell, but I guessed I'd be pretty bummed too if I like to hunt the unit.

hello --

" So if someone writes a magazine article and brags , tells ELABORATE stories"-- hoghuntr

" Don't ever forget that you were far more lucky than good.... as we all are when we harvest a coues with a bow. We all know the story of you standing on the side of the road with an un-gutted deer acting like you just shot a 100"er..... "C"n"S

I don't know the real story and I haven't read what was published either - :unsure: Gary

First of all, Great deer Nate. Next, as you have learned, when people kill truly giant deer it causes extreme jealousy among other hunters that fancy themselves as the best. They think to themselves"how could this lucky rookie kill a bigger deer than me" and hence they will try to degrade you and the buck to make up for the fact that they know they will never kill a buck as big as yours and therefore will never get the attention that you have. Every serious hunter knows the amount of luck involved in killing a WR deer.

As far as the map is concerned, what a friggin joke. That little map showing nothing but a little highlighted spot will do nothing. If the locals really think that there unit is ruined because of that map they needed to find some better spots anyway. Like I said it all goes back to pure jealousy. They needed a way to unleash on you and the map is the excuse. Jeez, lets lynch Duane Adams while we are at it. He disclosed a heck of alot more in his book that that stupid little map did. Everybody and their friggin brother knows where the the Orazco(sp?) and King buck came from and those units are only damaged by the number of tags that are issued. Sure as heck ain't the Non-Res flood thinking they are going to kill a WR. You jealous people need to take look in the mirror and ask yourselves why you are really pissed off at Nate. Is it because of the map or is really something else?