hoghntr

****NOT MY HERO****

Like several have said, Nice buck! It's amazing what a little jealousy will do to grown men.

And I'm not sure if 300ultramag needs a hug or a whack in the back of the head. Maybe both...

Like several have said, Nice buck! It's amazing what a little jealousy will do to grown men.

And I'm not sure if 300ultramag needs a hug or a whack in the back of the head. Maybe both...

Let it flippin DIE and sink to the bottom of the archives :(

Guest 300ultramag.

Ouch,

IM sure you speak for the masses when you say that, cupcake.

but I am who I am and luckily for me all of my huntin buddies share the same views as I....

a yuppy last year offered me 2k to give him the coords. on a bull, I told him to go kick sand.....

I guess thats where I differ from all yall, I do my homework and cherish my spots and dont care to share them with an avatar named basser!

I almost spit when I saw there was a MAP

Quoting myself above

You're right, that is not a map, it is a picture of Arizona.

Seems like the guys who are pissed, are the guys who have seen this before.

Remember what Hirsch did to Black River? :angry: The next year they frickin graded the road and put in picnic tables!!!!

Learn from the experience, most of us have done the same, myself included ( NOT with WR!) and regret it to this day.

Low pressure hunting is priceless in Az, keeping just one hunter out of your "area" can mean all the difference.

Just let 'em find their own spots. Lots of country out there

I've seen lifelong hunting buddies turn into mortal enemies over deer or "secret" spot, I can think of 6 off the top of my head (4 cw members already :ph34r: )

Nate, Great deer, always will be, regardless. Stick around, we'll still be talkin about this buck in 10 yrs

Matt Woodward

Well said, Matt. ;) All the long winded posts and beating and so on.... and you said it best with a few short lines. Thanks for putting into words what many could not.... It truely is that simple. With that said let me try to be more clear in my point of view.

There is no denying that it is one of the greats trophies to ever come from public land in this state. I have not read the story nor do I plan to just cuz, I don't read that Mag.... not a suscriber. I don't hunt that unit.... so I am definately not jealous or angry from that perspective.... however, I did find it a bummer for the guys that do hunt there.... for the next couple of seasons. An event like this and a buck like that could jump the harvest numbers in that unit to a point where they implement the draw, or limit archery hunts... an unfortunate occurance, especially for guys that "only hunt that unit". Big picture.... and that picture is, that it could happen.... and it may not. But for all of us it is a lesson that the spin can be costly.... and I will always maintain the the stance that, "Loose lips, sink ships".... From that respect even though I did know where and on what road those pics were taken.... I will always take that kind of info to the grave.... not only out or respect to the owner of that buck but also to the fellow hunters that treasure their time in those hills as well. I have seen this before and that is what struck my nerve.... to me it is a bummer to single out a county (although P&Y does require a county), a unit, a mountain range, or a single canyon. Those that remember, know that I made this very same point about the book that Tony & Duwane put out (a good book BTW... & my son is in it).... and got hammered for that as well.... and yet, I still feel the same way about the issue. I have a hunting buddy and very close friend that hunted one canyon for many years hardly ever seeing others.... he even killed a 126" monster buck there..... that particular canyon was on the short list for that unit in the book and is now a parking lot... :( ..... Do I (or does he) really care.... well no, but it is an example of how bad publicity is. I have friends that hate this site and every site just like it..... their point is that it ruins the concept of hard work because it puts way too much info at the finger tips lazy e-scouters. I disagree, however, when comes to sweat equity of scouting time, hunting time, and hard earned knowlege, I believe that to narrow a map down to one unit or one piece of coutry is an ethics snaffu. Giving the masses a starting point.... whether they are successful or not, the added preasure and traffic does take its toll on the hunters and inadvertently the herds as well. We all have the responsiblity to hold back a bit.... there is so much we can share without actually "giving" anything away.... and finding that happy medium is really what this issue is about, IMO.

There is nothing bad that can ever be said about this buck or the fact that is was harested under Fair Chase and is one of the finest animals ever harvested in this state with a bow. Do not for one second allow the issue of this thread to be misconstrued as jealousy. The Congrats on this huge buck have never been anything less than unanimous, as far as I am aware. Lets remember that the thread started as a point made and a point taken that certain aspects surrounding the publicity of the buck were less than ideal and I do believe that many would/have agreed (including NL). Bummer deal for all involved.... But a great Great deer regaurdless.

[

Fry's has Crown buy one get one for a penny! Works for me. :P

After 8 pages, someone posts something useful.

[

Today is the last day of the sale.

[

Today is the last day of the sale.

:o yikes....i only have two bottles left after last wknd. Gotta go!!

so its nice to know that the guys i know feel the same way as i do. my advice to nate would be to tighten his lips around town so people will THINK this is all about his article and some crazy jealous hunters... good luck nate and better choices on future conflict resolution. it was and is truly an awesome buck. it is looking to be another record breaking year so good luck to all. thanks to loyal friends and all their help im sure ill put some meat in the freezer. NICE!! ;)

Congrats on an amazing coues buck!! I will agree with most that some very big rookie mistakes were made. I'm sure "hero" regrets it but unfortunately that will not change what is bound to happen. That area is going to get so hammered this summer that the deer will be spooked permanently out of that area. Based on what I've heard and read it seems as if our "hero" is a real nice guy who maybe just doesn't have a lot of sense. I still can't believe that magazine posted the unit and a detailed map showing the detailed area of where this toad was killed.

To all you E-scouters out there. This is why we don't give out our honey holes and why a seasoned hunter will keep his mouth shut about certain areas. I can't stand it when someone posts any detailed info about an area as it is disrespectful to any other hunters out there that do actually hunt the area. I made the mistake of showing a relative one of my honeyholes several years ago... He ended up taking his greedy work buddy there and the next thing I knew my camera's were stolen and the place was bombarded with hunters whereas the previous 5 years I was the only person to my knowledge.

Kind of off the subject I guess but my point is that we as hunters have got to be careful if we find a good area with the genes because they DO exist.

Treestandman wrote:

I still can't believe that magazine posted the unit and a detailed map showing the detailed area of where this toad was killed.

Scan the detailed area and post it.........IT SHOWS A MAP OF 24A not the place or even 5 mile area of where he killed it......WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS......I hunt this area and only this area and it does not bother me at all even if he did give the coordinates......Why don't you guys give it up already......man this is why people leave this forum......BASHING and name calling needs to stop.....come on you guys we all share a same intrest in COUES hunting so lets all just have fun and stop the SH*T. :(

You should all be so lucky to have a trophy like that......instead of giving him crap why don't you ask how he hunted this beast and maybe you already know the tactics and maybe you will learn something.

See the problem is when someone asks for advise everyone gives them SH*T but all they want is some advise (how to glass, shooting technics, stalking advice, ect ect ect) they don't care about YOUR spot they just want to learn and that is what this website is suppose to be about. This BASHING HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!! I have not posted too much because what is the point I may get bashed on I know of lots of people on here and almost every single one including me has been bashed on......come on you guys lets have some fun and if you want to speak you mind in a bad way PM them or just hold it in. We are now giving hunting a bad name. I did enjoy this site when I first started and it was nothing like this....lets come together and make it better than ever!!!!!

LOL Headache! Good ones!

I tend to agree with Clay...'nuff said. Oh, and the map - what a joke!!!

Guest 300ultramag.

Mr. Clay Price,

Its a recession and there is not whole lot to do in the dog days of summer..... but nit pick people to death...

I dont share spots its my upbringing.... To each his own.... nuff said.. As far as CWT It will get better when the season starts... high fives and congrats all the way till feb. now!

BTW you ran into a handful of my siblings up in the sticks... Funny how I spend some 70 + days up there and have yet to see you..... Im gonna have to make an appearance at your shop the next time i head up that way...

My bros. said your a cool guy and you even let the youngin look through your 15s...

Maybe the next time Im up that way Ill let you buy me a burro from the other burger shop in town.

After all Ive never had issues with you!

Beau

Mr. Clay Price,

Its a recession and there is not whole lot to do in the dog days of summer..... but nit pick people to death...

I dont share spots its my upbringing.... To each his own.... nuff said.. As far as CWT It will get better when the season starts... high fives and congrats all the way till feb. now!

BTW you ran into a handful of my siblings up in the sticks... Funny how I spend some 70 + days up there and have yet to see you..... Im gonna have to make an appearance at your shop the next time i head up that way...

My bros. said your a cool guy and you even let the youngin look through your 15s...

Maybe the next time Im up that way Ill let you buy me a burro from the other burger shop in town.

After all Ive never had issues with you!

Beau

You sibs were great to talk to also....we were in there fixing a water trauft for the rancher. It was great to meet them too . Tell them that stand that they told me about looks VERY old and they should sit that tank. Look foward to seeing and meeting you.

Later,

Clay