hoghntr

****NOT MY HERO****

Good words spoken elkaholic.

That IS a nice buck in your avatar. I was actually checking it out before I read your post.

Nate, congrats again on a truly fine deer. It's tough to figure out what to do or say when in a situation like yours. Either way, it seems to tick someone off whatever one does.

There are MONSTER bucks taken every year that stay under the radar. This thread is an example of why they never come to light. What a way to degrade another hunters euphoria. Sad to see here.

I hope you stick around Nate. A record holder that isn't pompous and rude is always good company. Besides, we've seen plenty of those.

i think we are more distressed over your inability to deal with someone stealing your spot. why take it out on the rest of us. good luck with the scouting. once again congrats on the toad it seems some people think that this is a jealousy thing. :P

Thanks for all the time wasted on ME...haha guess all that time I spend scouting while you are pissing in wheaties and crying is to my and other out of staters advantage...have a great season!! See ya in the Kaibab since other records are from there and now everyone might hunt there....

......sure rained quite a bit at my house in Tucson last night...

.....The rain just thought about it here in Mesa and then didn't do much.....

Kent

hello - I got one last question that is kinda floating around in my head- Mr. Nlacost - you posted some of the story - Tricks of the Trade - how many yrs have you been chasing coues whitetail - -- gary

hello - I got one last question that is kinda floating around in my head- Mr. Nlacost - you posted some of the story - Tricks of the Trade - how many yrs have you been chasing coues whitetail - -- gary

I got just over a half inch here last nite Gary ;)

I'm leaving in the morning to the Mts, I hope it rains some in the afternoons, best naps I've ever had are during rain showers.

PS, I'm not going to be here when Amanda comes back. :huh:

Kent

I'm leaving in the morning to the Mts, I hope it rains some in the afternoons, best naps I've ever had are during rain showers.

PS, I'm not going to be here when Amanda comes back. :huh:

Kent

:lol: :D ;) :rolleyes:

Amanda's coming back :o . Oh no :( . We better fix everything and clean up a little or we are all going to be in big trouble!

Hey you guys !!!! I seen a huge coues in velvet .... early this am coming home from Rosey... I don't have the exact gps cordinates but he was headed north at about 7 mile per hour( a few seconds pause from the lights hitting him) crossing about 100 yards west of TOP OF THE WORLD... three other bachelors where a lil further out from him and he made them look like does.... Oh and by the way if you see me at the lake slaying the fish I will tell you exactly what I am using (70 percent of the time it will be a shallow running shad pattern yozuri hard core or mid runner hard core or zara spook) .... I am not worried about getting out fished why are you guys so worried about being out hunted

"ADAPT OR DIE"

HAVE A GREAT DAY

Wow 8 pages. I think this thread is a shame. I read all the posts in it mainly because I was trying to figure out why an Obama thread was in the bowhunting forum. Sadly I can't find a mention of his name, I keep waiting for someone to go into it.

Oh well maybe that comes in the next chapter.

This thread is truly a shame. We live in a free country where people can tell everyone where, when and how they killed their deer on public land. Given that, our hunting areas are not ours exclusively and this sense of entitlement is unfounded. If are not up for the traffic, then hunt a private ranch. I have hunted years in Kaibab and one thing holds true, no matter how many people you cram in an area the real hunters will continue to find the deer and the "rookie" will go home empty. Conversely, I understand the idea that some have put in time and energy into "their" honey holes and they are disappointed, but it should not come as any surprise when this happens in a free country on public land. At the end of the day some many not agree with the way it was handled, but it has happened and you need adjust.

Wow, you guys certainly have been busy while i was out enjoying the smell of the woods after an afternoon monsoon! Geez, glad I was there and not here....

Ok, so hopefully you are just about done with this thread. It's actually not nearly as bad as it could have been and I think that is partly because of the way Nathan responded to this attack. Thanks much Nathan for your reasoned responses. And thanks to the many of you who helped keep this from getting too ugly. It is a useful topic for discussion if it can be done without driving people away from the forum.

Personally I have appreciated the always humble way in which Nathan talked about this buck and his hunt. I haven't ever gotten the feeling that he was overly bragging or going around saying how great a coues hunter he is. From the first moment he contacted me he has always been positive and pleasant. I hope you stick around in the forum Nathan and congratulations on your amazing buck.

That being said, I can see how somehow might not be too happy about a magazine artilce that gave details on the location. Personally I don't share hunting spots that I learned about from someone else, unless they specifically give me permission to do so. I would hope that would be the case with most people.

So, how about those monsoons? Sure is great hear the roll of thunder and patter of rain while in your tent....

Amanda

Nathan,

Great buck! Congrats. I Did not read the whole story but I'm guessing that some things were and are being taken out of context. Reporters like to make the story bigger and you don't have control of that in most cases

If you want to share the general area of your spot, it's cool with me. Not sure I wouldn't do the same.