hoghntr

****NOT MY HERO****

its all good tell it happens to your honey hole.......

Oh well life goes on. Then I would just find a new honey hole in matter of days. Thats why I have countless honey holes. DUH :o

"even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then"....

Obviously you aren't even blind. You just don't exist.

Did you guys read the book on how to find honey holes too... or did u watch the movie...

Clipnotes, buddy didn't you go to college? :lol:

lol

How many guys are calling this one area Their honeyhole? For those of us that won't bother reading the mag, is this a GPS coor, general area or a hunt unit that was given out?

Kent

General area (from what I have heard). Everyone knows and has known about the area thats why I go else where. Its like a hwy up there anyway. But if you do your research you can find some great spots. I used to hunt it when I was younger but like I said everyone just drives around. So really its nooo secret!!!!

I was pretty disappointed that there was a MAP showing the area within the unit! Wasn't the unit number enough? Maybe GPS coordinates next time? Clay, I hope that you have honey holes in the next unit over, because 24a is going to be a zoo! The out-of-state hunters probably don't realize that there are big bucks in other units, they are just going to focus on the MAP! Sure, I have spots in other units, it's just that those mountains are my favorite place to be, bucks or no bucks. In all my years hunting there, I have never had a cam stolen or a stand messed with. Those days are over.

Mark

I was pretty disappointed that there was a MAP showing the area within the unit! Wasn't the unit number enough? Maybe GPS coordinates next time? Clay, I hope that you have honey holes in the next unit over, because 24a is going to be a zoo! The out-of-state hunters probably don't realize that there are big bucks in other units, they are just going to focus on the MAP! Sure, I have spots in other units, it's just that those mountains are my favorite place to be, bucks or no bucks. In all my years hunting there, I have never had a cam stolen or a stand messed with. Those days are over.

Mark

Almost everyone I know that hunts those mountains have had their cameras, blinds, treestands stolen. There are just too many people in that area so what kind of a secret is it. Its like the Kiabab everyone knows there are big muleys their.

I almost spit when I saw there was a MAP

Guys-

If you woke up this morning to find the magazine and map I assure you I was just as shocked,yes Duncan asked me but I had no idea he was going to go into some crazy map ordeal.I apoplogize to the guys in that area and I also want to state that I didnt even know the magazine was out until other hunters informed me.Trust me I threw my honeyhole under the bus..I am not proud how it turned out.But at the same time those who know me also know that I never strayed from my story of where due to laws and verification purposes,thats all..thats the only reason I even said anything about the unit #....I never mentioned any other specifics and if you can figure out where I was last season good luck,this season should be even more exciting even if there are more people..I didnt do or say anything bad about any of you so dont wake up and start a bashing party on a Wednesday in July!!! Guess the other units that you all hunt are tainted too? You guys could have gotten the real story without having to get everyone in a bunch and I am sure Amanda didnt intend for her site to be this type of forum.I have done nothing but volunteer to help here and there and thats all.Thanks for your thoughts and I will take them all into consideration....

Guest 300ultramag.

i knew those acts of kindness smelt funny! :ph34r: you were sellin out! :lol:

Deer 4 Bear swap

This forum is like a river never on a stright path.... that is what makes it interesting.............

But you my friend goofed up royally....... Good luck to you sir...........

Clay ur still cool>> I dont judge you brother

Beau

One would think that the hunting magazine editors certainly would know the ramifications of publishing detailed hunting locations. You can read some stories and barely know what state the hunt was in, but I guess this was not the case.

RR

im not going to say names because it just gives someone an excuse to squash this. read post carefully everthing is there. i think all the advertisement he is doing now on his back and on his truck might give cw.com bad name once people here how he has flat out said he is done with pinals cuz now it will be to busy so why not distract people from him... then why didnt he keep his mouth shut right???

quote name='azpackhorse' date='Jul 1 2009, 03:28 PM' post='153314']

how are we supposed to answer your question "is he your hero?" if you don't tell us who HE is??

if you're gonna complain, then do it right <_<

you really need to read the ridiculous article to understand.

How many guys are calling this one area Their honeyhole? For those of us that won't bother reading the mag, is this a GPS coor, general area or a hunt unit that was given out?

Kent

General area (from what I have heard). Everyone knows and has known about the area thats why I go else where. Its like a hwy up there anyway. But if you do your research you can find some great spots. I used to hunt it when I was younger but like I said everyone just drives around. So really its nooo secret!!!!

i guess the problem i have with that is the things you have been saying. :blink: (sorry store name withdrawn they want no afilliation) :) i thought long and hard about this before i spoke up. i would also jump for joy if i shot that deer but the story was stretched and now the whole im done there so why not yap, yap, yap. what were you thinking? and when were you gonna gut that deer??? your right there are big deer in every unit, i hope you move far, far away. congrats again on the deer bud.

Guys-

If you woke up this morning to find the magazine and map I assure you I was just as shocked,yes Duncan asked me but I had no idea he was going to go into some crazy map ordeal.I apoplogize to the guys in that area and I also want to state that I didnt even know the magazine was out until other hunters informed me.Trust me I threw my honeyhole under the bus..I am not proud how it turned out.But at the same time those who know me also know that I never strayed from my story of where due to laws and verification purposes,thats all..thats the only reason I even said anything about the unit #....I never mentioned any other specifics and if you can figure out where I was last season good luck,this season should be even more exciting even if there are more people..I didnt do or say anything bad about any of you so dont wake up and start a bashing party on a Wednesday in July!!! Guess the other units that you all hunt are tainted too? You guys could have gotten the real story without having to get everyone in a bunch and I am sure Amanda didnt intend for her site to be this type of forum.I have done nothing but volunteer to help here and there and thats all.Thanks for your thoughts and I will take them all into consideration....

Geez, I just got home from work and you boys have been busy. I can't say I have read the article nor do I care to. But if NLA said they went over the top without his knowledge, that is just a mistake. I crappy one, but a mistake none-the-less. I don't really think it's apporpriate to hammer him like we have. I'm sure many of us have a little envy of the incredible buck he took and now have an outlet to caste some stones. That's a mistake any of us may have made.

heck these kinds of things and this type of info is all over the net. Most of us have probably read Duwane's book and he said it himeself that this unit was a sleeper for monsters. He didn't get super specific on this unit, but in some parts he really does. Should we also bring him down. I personally think his book is out standing and sits under the bible in my house most days.

Like someone else said, this will pass and while all the YAY WHOS that wanna Cluster F&$K in that unit looking for the buck that could have been, the rest of us can enjoy less pressure everywhere else.

My $.02 ;)

That's the problem with this post. The first one almost sounds like a backdoor promo to generate interest and sales. So there's going to be all kinds of speculation on what's going on without facts. My experience tells me the truth is usually in the middle.

Kent

Nicely put Rough Cut! And like a couple of others have saig the majority of

Non Res hunters drive around and if they don,t see any deer within a 100yds

of the road they are not gonna get outa their rhinos