Sign in to follow this  
azhuntergirl

Opening day of bear tomorrow

I'm just curious as to how many of ya'll are heading out tomorrow for opening day of bear! Me and the bf kinda view it as the best day of the summer since we're coming off of hunting withdrawls! What units ya'll hunting for bear this year?

I would love to get out for a few days of bear hunting, but I can't right now. I will have to do my bear hunting during deer/elk season, as long as the harvest objectives have not been met.

Gonna try to fall off the edge of 6B this weekend.

RR

Me too...never really hunted that unit, so it's kind of exciting to me...the bf is familiar.

Best of luck on your hunt!

I am on call this weekend so I can't go out, but we are going to the banquet Saturday night. If unit 23 is still open next weekend me and the wife are going up there. If not we might try 22 or 24b. Good luck to all going out this weekend.

I did the bear hunting in Aug......just once.

Hunting in 100 degree + heat wasn't as fun as it was made out to be!!

Did see some bears though.. just no shooters.

went out today and got skunked....haha guess i should have thought bout the five skunks i saw in the road last night as some forshadowing for what today would bring... Did see some nice coues bucks though so there is always something to take home from every trip

i wish i knew where i could go glass up some bears, i have no idea where to even start looking, i guess when i can drive i will find some

I went out with my best friend and my girl friend this weekend. All in all it was a really fun hunt. I got on a Bear during the last few minnutes of light on Saturday night, but it was to dark to see through my scope. Looked for him today, but no luck. Next weekend! It was HOT!

The boyfriend and I had a lot of fun out there, but we failed to see any bear. Our thought was since the prickley pear is green still, they're up higher. And I can't blame 'em, it's bloody HOT out there! Payson was 100 degrees yesterday! We did see some good sized Muley bucks, growth looks good, and a few cow elk. And lots of road kill. Good times. Better than being stuck in Phoenix!

Went to the edges and hiked the bottoms of the side canyons. Berries were small due to lack of rain, and still not ripe. Saw some overturned rocks but not in any concentration. Sat some water, but only had moo-cows and a few muley does come in to drink. No bears sighted by me.

Copyof6bBear8-1-2009015.jpg

Copyof6bBear8-1-2009005.jpg

Copyof6bBear8-1-2009009.jpg

Copyof6bBear8-1-2009018.jpg

Doug~RR

Beautiful pics RR!!! Thanks for sharing. Seems like we had the same type of experience! Still nice to be out in the great wide open, even with no bears!

Doug I think I might have been standing in that exact spot a couple weeks ago when scouting for bear. We saw some tracks but no hide that weekend and at the last minute my buddy and I decided not to hunt last weekend. Hunting in 100+ degrees didn't sound as good as swimming in the Pacific Ocean last weekend :)