Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Weekend Scouting trip to Mexico!

Hey Phil, how was your scouting trip?

Ernesto C

Ernesto,

It went really good. Our ranch looks very promising with our group seeing 26 bucks and 5 of them we figure will be quite nice when they are finished up growing. It was funny though on the rain that they had, it seemed to be very spotty with some areas getting pounded and other areas were pretty dry. Just being down there again was great but to do it with the other members of the forum was awesome.

post-216-1251525835.jpg

post-216-1251525885.jpg

Geez Phil, from talking with Steven, I know you guys had fun, but that photo makes it look like a staff meeting....you all look so darn serious!! Must not have opened the tequilla yet :lol:

Amanda

Heheheheh funny :D you know what , now that you mention that...............Amanda was singing in spanish! believet or not! :)

Ernesto C

Heheheheh funny :D you know what , now that you mention that...............Amanda was singing in spanish! believet or not! :)

Ernesto C

I was?? Wow, maybe the language is sinking in slowly afterall...

Amanda

That looks awesome! It is no wonder we always see big bucks in Mexico, they always have a good monsoon season down there.

Hey Phil, how was your scouting trip?

Ernesto C

Ernesto,

It went really good. Our ranch looks very promising with our group seeing 26 bucks and 5 of them we figure will be quite nice when they are finished up growing. It was funny though on the rain that they had, it seemed to be very spotty with some areas getting pounded and other areas were pretty dry. Just being down there again was great but to do it with the other members of the forum was awesome.

post-216-1251525835.jpg

post-216-1251525885.jpg

Geez Phil, from talking with Steven, I know you guys had fun, but that photo makes it look like a staff meeting....you all look so darn serious!! Must not have opened the tequilla yet :lol:

Amanda

Actually that was the morning after! :rolleyes: We were all packed up and getting ready to head back to the States......I guess we weren't looking forward to it.

Amanda, I relly enjoyed you vid. I had to watch because we were in Magdelena Jan 08 and wanted to see if it was the same ranch. It looked familiar but I could'nt tell for sure. But there is a common Mexico theme, great country, great hunting, helpful hosts and great food!

Your poor shooting friend from San Carlos, Shayne

Loved the video Amanda!

Glad you all had a great time.

I also enjoyed the pics of the cooking. ;)

+1 on the video and also on the cooking looked great!!!

awesome video and pictures. Can I ask what software you use to edit and piece together your video? and what Video Camera you were using?

Thanks again

-sam

I use a canon GL2 and Pinnacle Studio software. Pinnacle is a fairly easy program to use and not so expensive either. It's not quite as high end as some other software, but it works for me. If you get into video editing remember you need massive amounts of memory, hard disk space and good graphics/video card. It's just frustrating to edit video on an underpowered machine.

Amanda

Very nice, thank you for sharing.

You do such a nice job on your videos and pictures ! It really went too fast for me, I didn't want it to end, but I know how it is with the memory usage. The nice thing about being that far down in Mexico is not only the greenery, but knowing that you don't have anyone else out there to bother the wildlife, not too mention the peace/quiet and beauty of the place. The Ranch I will be on is dryer than a bone, not much water was dropped during the Monsoon season.

I will be looking forward to another video from you next scouting trip, or hunt.

Mike