Sign in to follow this  
azcouesfanatic

Bobby's 1st Archery AZ Bull 340"

Hey Everyone,

I went up on Friday night to help a good friend of mine who had drawn a bull tag. The bulls were really screaming on the three days prior to the start of the hunt but they got quiet after the opener. On Sunday night we set up in an area we had heard a bull that morning. We heard him bugle at 3pm and 330pm but that was it and we were never able to locate him. About 545pm a weekend camper started shooting a bazooka where we were hunting so we headed out. As we were walking out we heard one bugle at the top of a ridge. We hurried to the top of the ridge in hopes of locating the bull. Just about to the top of the ridge and bull no more than 50-60 yards to our left ripped a huge bugle. Bobby got set up and I walked up behind him putting him between me and the bull. A couple cow calls and the bull was tearing up a tree 20 yards from Bobby. A few more cow calls and he stepped out and Bobby put the hammer down on him. It is a great bull and we had an amazing trip.

Hope you enjoy

Brian

post-3635-1252982607_thumb.jpg

I don't know how you held it all together with that huge bull being so close. Coingratulations on one fine looking trophy. :)

TJ