Sign in to follow this  
mason a

DIRTBAG ARCHERY ELK HUNTER

Well Mason..... The up side is they didn't steal or destroy it... But you are right... it sucks when someone does that. I had a card completely erased on time by another hunter... I was mad, but not as mad as if he'd a stollen it. Bygones.... life is short.... good luck on your hunt.

??????????? So why exactly are you calling them dirtbags? Because they were archery hunting during a valid hunt and may have been hunting the same waterhole and did not want to be on your pictures? If they were dirtbags they would have stolen your camera or smashed it. Am i missing something in your post that justifies why you are so mad?

obviously you don't have any game cameras, or you would understand my frustration, i see game cameras all the time , I just wave and leave them alone , i could care less if they shoot a bull while my camera is taking pictures . And trust me i have nothing against archery hunters , i've killed more elk with a bow than i have with a rifle. Bow hunters deserve the most respect .And yes i am justified to call them dirtbags for turning it off , That is true they did not steall it, so what does that make them just half a dirtbag?,either way ,it does not give anyone the right to turn off someones camera on public land.

I sure don't like it when my trail cameras get stolen or tampered with, but all I see in the pic is a guy walking by and getting his picture taken. He doesn't appear to be messin with your camera at all. Do you have pictures of him in the act of messing with it or are you just assuming that it was him? I've got a hundred pictures just like that one and they don't proove a thing.

At this point I'm not sure where the problem is? The guy that got his picture taken while walking through the forrest, or the the guy that is doing the accusing without any proof?

Please clarify...

:)

I sure don't like it when my trail cameras get stolen or tampered with, but all I see in the pic is a guy walking by and getting his picture taken. He doesn't appear to be messin with your camera at all. Do you have pictures of him in the act of messing with it or are you just assuming that it was him? I've got a hundred pictures just like that one and they don't proove a thing.

At this point I'm not sure where the problem is? The guy that got his picture taken while walking through the forrest, or the the guy that is doing the accusing without any proof?

Please clarify...

good point, first of all it rained only 2 days before so the roads were still pretty muddy , there is only 1 rd that gets you close to this tank, there tracks are the only ones going in or out , we leave are truck farther back on the road so we can see the area better, plus we followed the tracks in the mud from were there truck was straight to the camera, plus we watched them walk in there, trust me I understand your concern , I would never want anyone to be accused of something they did not do.They probably thought it was no big deal to turn off someones camera , so they did not worry about having there picture taken , and after reading some of the earlier posts , it may be more common among than I thought.You guys may be right , I may have overreacted,and was a little harsh, but there is no doubt they are the ones.

"That is true they did not steall it, so what does that make them just half a dirtbag?"

Maybe a Dustbag??? :unsure: ;)

I would take it as a warning that someone know's about the tank, and not be hanging my $200.00 on it. Better safe than sorry.

--Bill

they maybe locals from that area in order to know about that trick tank. I'm thinking snowflake, Taylor ,Heber, or Show low.

They may be locals or they may not, they might be from the city, they might be from the sticks, they might be dirtbags, they might be corporate shirt and tie guys, they might be hillbillies they might be slickers. Not really about where they are from as much as the act of messing with your camera.

And why do "Bow hunters deserve the most respect"? We are all in this battle together whether I am a nature nut who wants to put cameras out just for the fun of it or I am trying to pattern game for a hunt. If it aint yours then just leave it alone.

Sorry about the camera problems, if I see the dirtbags driving around town I will ask them about the cameras.

I think we learned alot from a previous post on trail cam or maybe we didn't?????????

Good luck on your hunt.

Guest 300ultramag.

:lol: :blink: :blink:

attn: 3a 3c hunters....... mason owns this unit... if you see his cameras RUN AWAY... you are inferior and if you see his cameras you are in the wrong place and exit the premises immediately.

seriously they turned ur cam off! oh goodnes..... I cant imagine the horror! I would get checked for post-tramatic stress disorder..

I think you all are missing a very important part of this story. He said he has a picture of theses guys taken at 10:00 at night with flashlights. Remember that this is a half mile away from any roads. What are two guys with flash lights doing at 10:00 at night that far out. Sounds kind of fishy to me. I have had a camera stolen in unit 23 and it is not a good feeling to know that people do not respect other people's property. The very thought that these guys opened the camera and turned it off is wrong no matter how you look at it. Do you think that if they new someone was watching them that they would have still done this. No. and why? Because they know it is wrong to mess with other people's property. The fact that they didn't take the camera is the only positive part of this story but they might as well have. By turning off the camera it could not do the job it was intended to do.

I have lock boxes for all of mine so they can't turn it off but they could do a lot of work and remove them and if they do then they do. I know the chances of them being stolen, shot at, or even messed with. So here is what you should do if anyone is going to buy one and don't want anyone to mess with them (because there are people that are going too) JUST DON'T PUT THEM OUT. That will save you the heart ache of complaining.

I think you all are missing a very important part of this story. He said he has a picture of theses guys taken at 10:00 at night with flashlights. Remember that this is a half mile away from any roads. What are two guys with flash lights doing at 10:00 at night that far out. Sounds kind of fishy to me. I have had a camera stolen in unit 23 and it is not a good feeling to know that people do not respect other people's property. The very thought that these guys opened the camera and turned it off is wrong no matter how you look at it. Do you think that if they new someone was watching them that they would have still done this. No. and why? Because they know it is wrong to mess with other people's property. The fact that they didn't take the camera is the only positive part of this story but they might as well have. By turning off the camera it could not do the job it was intended to do.

Yes it is wrong to mess with someone else's property. However, there is still no proof that the man in the picture did anything wrong. Show me a picture of him messing with the camera and I'll shut up. There is nothing wrong with checking out a tank at night, and usually when it gets dark people use flash lights. Lets give people the benefit of the doubt before we go and publicly smear their reputations in the mud.

Just thinking about it, not saying anything is right or not.

If you're hunting a tank or area that has someone's cam, everytime you go in and setup predawn, you get flashed. Everytime you move, if you're setup in the cam's sight, you get flashed. If you hunt there all day, multiple days you will be filmed all day long, everytime you fidget. If you make a hit before dark and come back at 10:00 with flashlights to pickup a blood trail the cam will continue to flash you.

Where does the cam owners rights end and the hunter's rights of not being harrassed or filmed without his permission end. I could see getting irritated enough to turn a cam down or off with the intention of resetting it and forgetting.

This brings up a whole other can of worms.

Kent

I would have to agree with most. It wasn't stolen or broken by the accused. If you don't want it messed with put it in a lock box so they can't get to it. I have quit a few cameras and they are all in lock boxes. Even with the lock box I've had one stolen. I would much rather find my camera shut off then stolen any day of the week. It doesn't matter how far from the road it is there's always the chance that someone could find it.

My 2 cents Jason

I have lock boxes for all of mine so they can't turn it off but they could do a lot of work and remove them and if they do then they do. I know the chances of them being stolen, shot at, or even messed with. So here is what you should do if anyone is going to buy one and don't want anyone to mess with them (because there are people that are going too) JUST DON'T PUT THEM OUT. That will save you the heart ache of complaining.

+1

I would be mad if someone did that but whats the point of the post? If someone knows the guys are you going to go do something about it? People are going to mess with the cameras and there is nothing you can do about it. I would be thankful it wasn't stolen. Next time try a lock box. If you are going to get upset that someone turns it off then do your best to prevent it. There was a post with a guy that makes camo cameras that look great! I would look into that.