coues7

What do you pack for lunch

What are you guys packing for lunch? I normally take some summer sausage or some kipper snacks/sardines. The thing I've always struggled with is how to keep my cracker from getting crushed. I also pack some fruit and jerky.

If its cool out I like to take a lunchable.

Everything in one convenient package.

Really enjoy left over Elk steak from the

night before dinner.

Clif bars, jerky, trail mix etc. for snacks. I like to take what I would normally put in a sandwich and make it into a burrito. Lunch meat, left over steak from the night before, whatever. They don't smush up like bread. Don't knock a peanut butter and honey burrito till you've tried it ;)

Usually just some granola bars, jerky or peanut butter crackers and plenty of water.

A can of Chef Boyardee (spaghetti preferably), 3 cans of vienna sausage, little debbie oatmeal cookies, honey buns, donut sticks and to be healthy a tiger milk bar. Thats the norm for me.

A can of Chef Boyardee (spaghetti preferably), 3 cans of vienna sausage, little debbie oatmeal cookies, honey buns, donut sticks and to be healthy a tiger milk bar. Thats the norm for me.

My God Christian, :huh:

That would feed me all day :rolleyes:

I have a small thermos (2 cup) that I put hot soup into, and I also take along a peanut butter and honey sandwich (looks like they are popular). Toss in some trail mix, jerky, and apple and bite size candy bars for a little pick me up, and I am good to go. The thermos will keep my liquids hot all day. I put my sandwich in a sandwich tupperware container. That protects it from getting crushed.

I like the soup idea. On a cold day I bet it's a real treat.

I usually pack a whole wheat or multi grain bagel and some cheese sticks. Some granola bars, jerky, maybe some peanutbutter crackers. Maybe a bag of wheat thins. The bagel doesn't get crushed as easier as regular bread. If I think I will be really hungry I pack a summer sausage stick. I like those elk and bison ones that sportsmans carries.

Amanda

I have a rectangular tupperware container with a snap on lid that fits in my large day pack. And I will pack the container with any combination of the following:

a sandwhich or two, or maybe a bagel with cream cheese

Burritos

Chips/crackers

Yogurts

cookies

candy bars

apple

Sardines in mustard

vienna sausages

Salted peanuts or cashews

I usually pack enough food to last a couple days.

I always take my 100oz camelback and two sandwich bags full of walmart trail mix with extra m&m's. It's quick, quiet and calorie (energy) packed.

I always have a BIG breakfast before heading out and a HUGE dinner when I get back to camp.

:ph34r:

LOL! :lol: