Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

A few coues pics with a coues7 trail cam

These were all taken with Scott's trail cam. The original photos were higher resolution, but I've converted to them to lower quality/size. Any one have a guess as to how big these guys will get? (these pictures were taken the first week of July)

Thanks,

Bowsniper

post-426-1121718787.jpg

post-426-1121719276.jpg

post-426-1121719377.jpg

Great lookin pics, yestarday I seen a buck with about the same size antlers, that sure made my day... B)

Awesome pics bowsniper. I don't think any of those bucks will be huge but they should be ok. Were you able to brighten up that last picture at all to get a better look at that buck on the right? I can't tell very well but it looks like he could have more potential.

That bottom deer in the second pic is mine! Dont anyone else think about going after him :P

That is a good sized fawn for this time of year. Last year, while bear hunting in early September, I saw a WT fawn smaller than that. Good sign for the fawn crop. I saw a bunch of elk calves about 2 weeks ago too while I was in William's.

I like the placement of the camera. It looks like a pretty good trail. Nice buck, I don't think he will get over 80 inches. Ethier way a nice buck for the most part.

Great pics. Look how skinny their necks are and how light their coats are. It has been my experience, in general, older bucks will have thicker necks and darker hides but not always. Thanks for sharing. CB

Great pics, did you find that mineral lick in the last picture or did you put it there.

I put the block there. I try not to start a permanent lick with pellets until I'm sure that I want to keep it there. Once you start a lick the leaches into the ground (with pellets), it will be there for a long time, giving those Coues different choices. If you use a block and then decide that you don't want to hunt there, just remove the block, and they have one less place to go, assuming that you block hasn?t melted too much.