bowhuntaz1

Feral hogs in Arizona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHmYsyVniE

Watch this video, you will never hunt hogs the same again.....

I have never seen that clip before... You just made my whole night! That was a ton of fun to watch. It reminded me of Full Metal Jacket- "...it's easy, you just don't lead them as much!"

I would love to do that someday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHmYsyVniE

Watch this video, you will never hunt hogs the same again.....

I have never seen that clip before... You just made my whole night! That was a ton of fun to watch. It reminded me of Full Metal Jacket- "...it's easy, you just don't lead them as much!"

I would love to do that someday.

I know the hogs are a big problem and need to be controlled but I found it disturbing watching the video. And the guy who punted the hog in the other post wasn't at all funny either. IMO Call me a softy but I is what I is. :)

TJ

Love that last one! Night hog control!

I know the hogs are a big problem and need to be controlled but I found it disturbing watching the video. And the guy who punted the hog in the other post wasn't at all funny either. IMO Call me a softy but I is what I is. :)

TJ

I don't think you're a softy at all. It was a ton of bloodshed, and 0% respect for the animal. Not hunting, as most would consider it. When I was younger I used to love going out and shooting jackrabbits just to shoot them. Now I don't shoot them at all (except occasionally with archery tackle). I just don't have any need to kill for the sake of killing alone. Even last weekend I had a softy moment with a coyote. I was deer hunting, saw him and nocked an arrow, and then just let him walk. Never thought I'd ever pass up that kind of opportunity but at that moment I just didn't want to kill him. I even felt a sort of 'hippy' connection with him. It was weird.

But watching moving targets get walloped out of a helicopter was really pretty cool.

TJ

I don't think you're a softy at all. It was a ton of bloodshed, and 0% respect for the animal. Not hunting, as most would consider it. When I was younger I used to love going out and shooting jackrabbits just to shoot them. Now I don't shoot them at all (except occasionally with archery tackle). I just don't have any need to kill for the sake of killing alone. Even last weekend I had a softy moment with a coyote. I was deer hunting, saw him and nocked an arrow, and then just let him walk. Never thought I'd ever pass up that kind of opportunity but at that moment I just didn't want to kill him. I even felt a sort of 'hippy' connection with him. It was weird.

But watching moving targets get walloped out of a helicopter was really pretty cool.

I find watching cockraches laying on thier back kicking their legs after I spray poison on them a little disturbing too. OK not really but you get the point. These hogs devestate certain areas and the farmers have to do what it takes to make a living. Pigs are to farmers what Wolves were/are to ranchers.

I would hope these animals are being recovered and the meat being put to use however.

Oh and that would make one heck of a video game...

I found it hilarious, and dream of doing that someday. Like I have allays said, I don't hunt for the meat, that is what the grocery store is for, it is sometime an added bonus... I just love killing things...

those first to videos are why there are so many people against hunting. Shootin animals and wounding them and then just moving on to the next one is shows no respect. wat if some one shot you in the guts and then just let you wallow there till your dead. its just dum. Its the future of hunting they hurt and I am the future :(

They're in southern arizona alright, the mesquite flats we found em in were destroyed, here's a picture of the one I took with my bow.

Nice work. I found an area of mesquite flats this year that looked like it had been plowed around the base of almost every tree. Didn't see any pigs but it was the middle of the day. Haven't been back but it's certainly on the list for the off season.

Bad News Piggies.

Friend chased up a tree in heber by a herd with large Boar last year, the one day he had no sidearm.

Picked up a head two years ago near Show Low that is over 16" long and 10" wide I think.Maybe left by a rancher/hunter who shot it in the head, probly not edible I guess??. But ,It had teeth very close together in the front wich is supposed to mean it was a wild hog. I'll get some pics soon, I gave it to my uncle for a birthday present.

Forgot I had wanted to share this, from

3B, I guess it's about 14-15 long. Dang weston that ones a PIG too lol.

post-2337-0-84950400-1297741171_thumb.jpg

haven't looked into it to find out the particulars so this may be BS. Heard you can't use a gun in the wildlife refuge by Havasu, archery only and have to have a valid tag for other big game in your pocket so you can't just go anytime you feel like it. Same for BANWR down by the border, I know 'tag for other big game' is valid info for the BANWR.

There are wild hogs by Chevlon Canyon, San Manuel, Cordes Jct and Havasu.

• Like 1